Do all Carnival ships blow their horn at sailaway???

red1der1

Last year I was on the Celebration and do not remember hearing the horn blow at sailaway or any other time during our cruise. I have seem many youtube videos of ships having horn blowoffs against each other or just when leaving port but didn't expreience either on my cruise. (Or I was in my cabin asleep and missed it, LOL!!) If they do normally do it, when am I most likely to catch it?? Besides being in fog of course!

In my experience it always blows for the muster drill, you need to be outside to hear it, inside the ship you only hear the bell/chime. we usually are on our balcony waiting for it, then go down to muster. I have heard it occasionally when leaving a port. When in Cozumel in 2006 our ship had a blowoff with another ship just before sailaway and it was hilarious! They really got into it, playing short little tunes.

Last year I was on the Celebration and do not remember hearing the horn blow at sailaway or any other time during our cruise. I have seem many youtube videos of ships having horn blowoffs against each other or just when leaving port but didn't expreience either on my cruise. (Or I was in my cabin asleep and missed it, LOL!!) If they do normally do it, when am I most likely to catch it?? Besides being in fog of course!
There is a reason for horn blasts. Do a google for Boating rules of the road

I think (I'm not sure)that's an international maritime law that when a ship starts moving it has to blow the horn three times

When a ship leaves a port and there is another ship from the same cruise line in port they usually play a concert and a lot of waiving from the bridges too.

Last September when we were scheduled to leave San Juan on the Triumph the captain blew it around eight times. It turns out that TWO passengers were REALLY late getting to the ship. They came running and boarded five minutes AFTER we were set to leave.....

When? Probably the minute you move next to the horn... :p

Archived