Adventure Ocean-Serenade of the Seas

CruiseLoverTX

Please do your homework on this program. We had some MAJOR problems last week in the Aquanauts program and want to advise other parents to use due dilengence before deciding whether or not this program is for their family. We are looking into litigaton, so I cannot be more specific at this time.

Please do your homework on this program. We had some MAJOR problems last week in the Aquanauts program and want to advise other parents to use due dilengence before deciding whether or not this program is for their family. We are looking into litigaton, so I cannot be more specific at this time.

WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!!

May your next post be as dramatic as this one!!!

Come on TX, can't leave us hanging like that :) Please give us an idea as to what happen especially if it is serious enough to lead you to consider suing RCI. We had a bad experience on the Serenade's AO 5 years ago. Nothing that would warrant litigation but bad enough that we decided not to have son attend the program.

That's what we do around here, LOTS of homework. ;)

So since I had some problems with AO (3-5) year old group...can you tell us what was so bad that you are suing them?

Did your child get 3 strikes for not being potty trained?

I can probably save you some trouble if you want to fill us in. We have pretty much seen it all around here. :)

As a resolution to our problem, I got a phone call. Period. So what are you looking for?

I am so sorry to hear that anything has happened to want to sue them. This really conserns me. Please give us some kind of info...we are going on the Serenade of the Seas in Oct and my 5 year old will be in the program. I know there is also another family with twins that are also 5yr old going too. Please lets us know something...or email me dszubi (@) sbcglobal (dot) net...I'm not asking for details, just the basics, PLEASE.

I agree, why post this if you cant share any details. Even a "my son was hurt at AO" or "my daughter was kicked out for violating a policy" or "staff did not follow protocols" would have been sufficient. Now, we have no idea what it is that caused you to feel the need to alarm us of the RCCL kids program. Many of us have used the program happily, I would guess most or else there would be plenty more complaints. Please share more, no details just a basic understanding of what you are concerned about.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience that you are considering litigation. However it is unfair to post such an inflammatory post on this board without giving any indication as to the type of problems you experienced. There are many, many kids who have a wonderful time on several cruises in these kids clubs, my daughter included.

I have a friend who's trying to get a suit against NCLA going about her daughter getting injured in that kids' program. Don't know if she has a leg to stand on. Not sure about the OP's complaint. But I imagine there's probably thousands of kids who have been on that ship this year without a problem. A lawyer would probably only take on the case if he or she feels there's a good chance of collecting damages.

Dearest people, OP is not coming back....

The only 2 posts they made were to this board and the RCCL main board. Same post.

This post was made by a troll and was specifically intended to be inflammatory and cause conflict.

Kisses!

I had a very unpleasant stuation on the June 28th sailing. I found that there were a couple of staff members who were less than professional. I made a complaint to Paula Nicoll, the Director, and ended up escalating it when we got home. I have been in touch with the Executive Office of RCI. My son is 3 and was in the Aquanauts Program is well.

No, my son didn't violate a potty rule or get thrown out for inappropriate behavior. :mad:

We were on the Seranade last year and absolutely LOVED the kids programs. We have 4 children and I thought the facilities and counselors were some of the very best we've had...(we were recently on the Carnival Legend and the older boys 8&9 didn't like the facilties or activities at all on the Legend compared to the Seranade - the activity room was MUCH smaller, seemed very crowded all the time, and was tucked away in a corner of the ship with no windows - which gave it almost a gloomy feel). I will say we loved the Legend cruise and had a wonderful vacation...the kids just didn't spend as much time at the childrens facilities.

In contrast the Serende had a good sized facility with lots of windows so it was light and bright and the counselors all seems really upbeat & friendly (so much so that my kids begged to stay on board while we shopped at some ports). The kids also LOVED the outdoor childrens facilities where they had their own slide and pool play area. I thought it was a great set up where the kids had such wonderful areas for themselves that they had no desire to hang out at the adult pool (where all sorts of "adult" fun and games take place).

Judy

No, my son didn't violate a potty rule or get thrown out for inappropriate behavior. :mad:

PLEASE explain, seriously. Talking about it here can only help the issue. When I had my issue with RCCL AO, I went live from the ship. Not only was the counselor removed from my daughter's room, she was removed from subsequent sailings.

What happened that was inapropriate? Other parents going on that ship need to know.

Archived