Port Authority Bus Station to Brookly Terminal

jp2001

Hi,

I will arrive by bus at PORT AUTHORITY Bus Station (625 8TH AVE, New York, NY 10018) early in the morning and I need to go to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to catch QM2 in the afternoon. Is there an easy public transportation that can bring me there (I’ll have a suitcase + small carry on, I can maneuver them easily but it still take some room). If public transportation is not recommended, how much do you think a taxi cab should cost me?

Also, is there somewhere close (by foot) to the bus station or close to Brooklyn terminal where I could buy wine?

Thank you very much in advance!

Julie

Hi,

I will arrive by bus at PORT AUTHORITY Bus Station (625 8TH AVE, New York, NY 10018) early in the morning and I need to go to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to catch QM2 in the afternoon. Is there an easy public transportation that can bring me there (I’ll have a suitcase + small carry on, I can maneuver them easily but it still take some room). If public transportation is not recommended, how much do you think a taxi cab should cost me?

Also, is there somewhere close (by foot) to the bus station or close to Brooklyn terminal where I could buy wine?

Thank you very much in advance!

Julie

There is no easy Mass transit to Brooklyn Red Hook terminal. a cab will be in the $30 range.

If you want to do it for less. Take the eighth avenue subway(at eighth avenue and 41street downtown to the Jay Street Boro Hall stop across the Platform take the F train one stop and get off at the Back of the train at Bergen street. the reason I say do this is because while Carrol Street is closer they are redoing the station and you don't want to take luggage thru a iron turnstyle as opposed to a regular door which they have at the back of Bergen Street. When you get out on Smith Street have these directions with you(as the cab will either not know or not want to go- they are required by law to take you.

Take a yellow cab on Smith street to Atlantic Avenue make a left go straight to the end make a left after the highway go straight to the first right(second light) and follow that around to the Redhook Terminal....(entrance at Imlay And Bowne Street) there will be signs....

cost the subway $2.00 the cab $10.00

Archived