What happens at a meet and greet?

gszach

Hi. Cruising the Dawn on Oct 5, 2008 to Bermuda from NYC. What is a meet and greet aside from the obvious? What happens at the meet and greet? Are drinks provided? Food? Are there any benefits aside from the obvious benefit of getting to know some fellow CC users (which is good in itself)?

Sometimes they will provide some finger foods, maybe some juices. Sometimes nothing.

Normally, some of the senior ships staff will attend and introduce themselves. Often they will say something like, "if you have any problems I can help you with, call me". I've even seen them buy a person from the M&G a drink when they seen them in a lounge. But of course, don't expect that.

Keep the Dawn in good shape-I'll be gettin' on as you're gettin' off

Hi. Cruising the Dawn on Oct 5, 2008 to Bermuda from NYC. What is a meet and greet aside from the obvious? What happens at the meet and greet? Are drinks provided? Food? Are there any benefits aside from the obvious benefit of getting to know some fellow CC users (which is good in itself)?

On the Jewel, tea, coffee, juices, and cookies were provided. The captain and several staff members introduced themselves, and then all the CC people mingled. It was nice! :)

just depends on how big of a group you have. we had 6 families to alaska...about 8 people showed up at the meet and greet. we just sat around and talked.

last dec, the roll call was very quiet. the meet and greet was more of a "i will be at such/such a place, come by and say "hi"". the ship had a notice of another m & g, but no one showed up for that one. (except me).

if you have an active group with a good leader...they can work with NCL to make a nice m & g.

Archived