Asthmatic Baby

MOTHEROFONE

I wouldn't think so. My 4 year old has asthma and although he's on a hand held inhaler now he was on a nebuelizer for a long time. We've brought it on an airplane with us and it wasn't questioned. Which I was really surprised about because if you aren't familiar with one I would think it would raise questions.

It can't hurt to have a doctor's note just in case. Hope someone has more advice for you!

I asked Carnival if they had one on the ship, hoping to not haul our neb machine and was told they did not have one, but to let the ship know your child was asthmatic and needed one. We never had a problem carrying one on a plane either.

As a pediatric nurse practitioner, I would say bring one along just in case. You would hate to be on-board to find out the ship's medical facility doesnt have one and your child needs it. You can also ask your physician about an inhaler with an aerochamber (basically a mask that attaches to the inhaler so you could hold it over you baby's mouth while you press the inhaler so the baby breathes it in). Its much more portable but less effective in younger ones than a nebulizer. See what your pediatrician thinks.

How often does your baby use one. If it's very infrequently you may be ok not bringing one. My DD uses one only a few times year when she is sick and we have never brought one along. Thankfully she has only been sick once onboard and did ok with just cough medicine.

Julie

Archived