motion/sea sickness

MOTHEROFONE

Doublecheck with your pediatrician, but a 28 m/o should be able to take the Children's Dramamine and/or Children's Bonine. Both are chewable (but they don't taste great). Some people will suggest Children's Benadryl, but it never worked for my kids. It's very likely that you won't need anything though. Both of my kids get HORRIBLE car sickness but have never once needed medicine on a ship, even on days when I had to take something because I felt queasy. Also, opening a balcony door (or car window) to hear the wind will help with motion sickness until the medicine has a chance to work. Hope you have a great cruise!

Doublecheck with your pediatrician, but a 28 m/o should be able to take the Children's Dramamine and/or Children's Bonine. Both are chewable (but they don't taste great).

I just bought the children's bonine and it says not to give to children under 6 yr. Called my dr and he won't advise on OTC meds.

On our cruise this year with my 3 YO and 4 YO, I brought Children's Dramamine (I think, but it may have been something else that was age-appropriate) and bracelets I found for them that were supposed to help with sea sickness. I found them at Wal-Mart. Children's Bonine was definitely not for toddlers. We never used any of it, so I just returned it all when we got home.

my aunt ended up using it b/c she tends to have motion sickness and said it worked REALLY well. none of us needed to use it. But it would be safe for kids. don't know if you can get in liquid form or not.

Archived