bringing Cigs

xxangelxx

Hi i just want to ask a question about bringing cigarettes onboard, I roll my own, So i rolled about 2 cartons worth and stuck them in a rubbermaid container, Was either gonna bring them in my carry on, or in my suitcase (yes there is room). Did anyone ever have a problem when going through the security line with them. And please lets not make this a debate on smokers vs non smokers, Please just answer my question if you can.

I'm not so sure I'd welcome the opportunity to explain this to the drug enforcement folks. I'm thinking since it's a legal drug it would be fine, but question how easy that would be to prove since they won't have the conventional packaging. No lecture from me ~ I learned to smoke from my grandpa who rolled his own. Brings back fond memories - although I finalloy ditched the habit.

I bring a carton on....don't roll my own...with no problem.

If you're concerned that they'll think it's weed....well I guess they can smell it and tell that it's not.

I know....not much help.

If you're flying you might have a harder time w/ airport security than the cruiseline. Rolling your own is a lot more economical than buying smokes - but they usually have good deals in the gift shop. It may not be worth the hassle.

Good question!

I bring a carton on....don't roll my own...with no problem.

If you're concerned that they'll think it's weed....well I guess they can smell it and tell that it's not.

I know....not much help.

If we are referring to the security people at the port, they probably can tell the difference. TSA people at the airport are a different matter entirely. The power-mad ones will probably decide these home made smokes are all filled with reefer and place you in solitary for the rest of your life.

I am speaking, of course, with my tongue placed in my cheek, but I cannot over-emphasize the stupidity displayed by TSA, from the top to the lowliest part-time screener. Be guided accordingly.

Doc:mad:

To avoid any possible hassle, why not simply put them into a regular empty carton? Better than a plastic container, which would look mighty suspicious to me.

You could get an empty carton from a store when they stock their single packs, or from a friend. Glue the end of the carton together....shouldn't be a major problem doing this.

Now if you intend to put any weed at all in the cigs, I did NOT give you this packing advice.:rolleyes:

Edited to say: Why go through the bother anyway? Just one time, you could purchase a carton in the ship's store...they're really inexpensive.

See what the on-board prices are - it may not be worth the hassle. Or, can you pack the sealed, bagged tobacco (and wrappers) and roll 'em on board? If you roll 'em in advance or bring the materials, I'd say put 'em in the checked luggage and most likely no problems.

I am speaking, of course, with my tongue placed in my cheek, but I cannot over-emphasize the stupidity displayed by TSA, from the top to the lowliest part-time screener. Be guided accordingly.

Doc:mad:

Just had to comment. Couldn't agree more. Wanna know why these people are so stupid????

When TSA first started "organizing", they held a 3-day application seminar in Philadelphia at a major hotel. I had recently been laid off and thought "why not?"(post 9/11 - a lot of us agents were looking for work). I'd been in the travel industry for 25 years, loved airports, loved the traveling public and thought it would be an interesting and challenging job with much responsibility. So I took the test.

Passed it all with flying colors. I found the testing to be a little elementary and wondered what kind of further training and observation there would be.

At the end of the testing days, I was called in for the interview and was told I had scored very high on everything and they'd be glad to "welcome me into the family" (I thought that was an odd way to put it, actually).

Then, we discussed salary. I was told that ALL who didn't have previous security experience (armed security service, that is) started at 21,000.00 a year....

Well, I about laughed my head off....and was still laughing after I gently refused the offer and left.

So, you know the caliber of people who were eventually hired. Nobody with half a brain is going to go through all of that, the incredible training, the rotten hours, no benefits for 6 months and a 3 month probation for that kind of money....so, what's left are those without a half a brain.

Everytime I pass through security, I giggle to myself. Most of these people are absolutely clueless.

Just had to comment. Couldn't agree more. Wanna know why these people are so stupid????

When TSA first started "organizing"' date=' they held a 3-day application seminar in Philadelphia at a major hotel. I had recently been laid off and thought "why not?"(post 9/11 - a lot of us agents were looking for work). I'd been in the travel industry for 25 years, loved airports, loved the traveling public and thought it would be an interesting and challenging job with much responsibility. So I took the test.

Passed it all with flying colors. I found the testing to be a little elementary and wondered what kind of further training and observation there would be.

At the end of the testing days, I was called in for the interview and was told I had scored very high on everything and they'd be glad to "welcome me into the family" (I thought that was an odd way to put it, actually).

Then, we discussed salary. I was told that ALL who didn't have previous security experience (armed security service, that is) started at 21,000.00 a year....

Well, I about laughed my head off....and was still laughing after I gently refused the offer and left.

So, you know the caliber of people who were eventually hired. Nobody with half a brain is going to go through all of that, the incredible training, the rotten hours, no benefits for 6 months and a 3 month probation for that kind of money....so, what's left are those without a half a brain.

Everytime I pass through security, I giggle to myself. Most of these people are absolutely clueless.[/quote']

Isn't comforting to know that those we guard with our 'borders' start at the grand salary of $21,000! I have a friend who took the test also.. Ex Army Sgt, Masters degree in Antropology..etc etc..I think they offered him slightly over $21 to start... It boggles the mind... So what do you get? You get the high school bully who wears his badge like a sheriff... So crazy.. !!

I make almost twice that working in a pharmaceutical factory making all the vials. (dont work with the drugs) that is just sickening..then i saw in my local paper a job listing , and you would need a 2nd degreeBA, with 5 yrs working experience and 6 yr college education that payed 30,000 a year. gimme a break...Guess they dont work as hard as i do with NO college education or degree. Sometimes im glad i didnt go to college.Id be poor with the job and the student loans.

Just a thought... wouldn't the sniffer dogs know the difference??

Now I'm wondering if cruise security (screening process) is really good. Do they have sniffer dogs? With the amount of alcohol that reportedly gets through I'm just wondering what else illegal and unsafe might get through :confused:

Now I'm wondering if cruise security (screening process) is really good. Do they have sniffer dogs? With the amount of alcohol that reportedly gets through I'm just wondering what else illegal and unsafe might get through :confused:

I dont know? I dont think the dogs are trained to sniff out legal substances...

:confused:

Archived