Question re: Krystal PV massage and amenities

mamamarmot

We're going on our first cruise in February (NCL), and I've been checking out getting a massage for DH and myself at the Krystal hotel-- looks awesome. My question is- are we allowed to use the pools, etc afterwards? If so, are we only allowed to use the facilities for a set amount of time or can we hang out as long as we'd like?

You may use the pool and participate in activities. There is no time limit. You need to bring your towel from the ship, though. It can be crowded in February, so please remember: Millenium Spa is not owned nor operated by the Krystal. When you use the hotel/timeshare facilities, you are using facilities paid for by guests and owners at the Krystal, so please be considerate...don't keep chairs, palapas, etc. when you aren't using them. Guests and owners at the Krystal used to "leave Dodge" on Wednesdays because that was the normal day for cruise ships to be in, and it inundated the pool area. Now ships come in almost every day, so there is no avoiding it. We have seen cruisers who didn't bring a towel off ship steal towels off of chairs while people were swimming or participating in an activity. When confronted, the attitude was, "it's not yours, it's the hotel's...so what?" Well, the so what (other than that it is stealing, of course) is that anyone not returning a towel is charged a hefty fee.

The massages are absolutely fabulous...you are sure to enjoy them.

Krystal is an easy walk from the pier. If you book a massage, just bring your paperwork showing your reservation. As of now they haven't been charging people for entry, though you never know if/when that might change - so if they start again the reservation will get you in for free. We showed up about 3 hours prior to our late afternoon massage and used the beach/pool until our heavenly hands therapy. I'm sure you could stay as long as you want. There were a LOT of cruise ship towels along the pool area.

Both the pool and beach areas are nice. There are a lot of vendors at the beach - most were respectful when we said no thanks, though a few had selective hearing (just like my kids at times), or something got missed in translation - as 'no' must have communicated 'try harder.'

There are some watersports along the beach. People were even horseback riding, getting the horses on the beach area closer to the pier.

Food and drinks were good and seemed reasonably priced. We had chips/guacamole/salsa and a drink and it came to about $10.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. I definitely don't want to be intruding in a place where other guests are paying and we're just there soaking up the perks. We go to Maui a lot and that's a real problem at the hotels there; they issue wristbands to the paying guests to avoid such a situation. We're more than happy to pay a day use fee for our daughter and ourselves if that's a possibility.

Thanks for the info. I definitely don't want to be intruding in a place where other guests are paying and we're just there soaking up the perks. We go to Maui a lot and that's a real problem at the hotels there; they issue wristbands to the paying guests to avoid such a situation. We're more than happy to pay a day use fee for our daughter and ourselves if that's a possibility.

Sometimes they charge a fee, sometimes they don't. When they do, it is 100% appliable to food and beverages.

Archived