Whats the best way to get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

poisonivynicole

There are so many options... from shuttle bus, to taxi, to renting a car, to a limo!

We took a Limo! There were five of us, so it was well worth it. Riding in comfort and having a private ride was worth the extra $20.00 in our opinion!

catrin

We did this before too...flew into Ft. Lauderdale, then got a shuttle to Miami hotel...then the hotel shuttle to the post of Miami. If you are going straight to the dock try supershuttle.com or simply go to the ft.lauderdale airport transportation page...(google ft lauderdale airport shuttle) an dit'll give you the companies that are there. you'll have ot check out the web site, as not all of them will go to Miami....regardless, you will still pay less than the cruise line transportation. We were given a town car (there was 4 of us), it was about 45-55 minute drive. we stayed at a hotel near the miami airport, and they offered free shuttle to the pier in the morning. hope this helps

Do you recall the name of the limo company you used?

We have used used infinity car service located in ft lauderdale they have a website you can get anything from or even a limo or a lincoln town car or a hummer lol very reasonable and reliable!!!!!!! hope this helps enjoy!!!

We have always used Florida Limo and they are wonderful, they have small sedans, large stretch limos and vans. The prices are reasonable and in my opinion worth the expense

If you are going in a day early you could stay at the Ramada inn Airport/Port location they will pick you up from the airport (free) and they have a pre-cruise package that will take you to the port of Miami the next day. (the price is figured into the room rate so not "Free" but it is still much cheaper than a hotel room+shuttle service) they will also allow you to take the same shuttle back to the FLL airport the next week for a much cheaper price than I have found other places>

If you are going in a day early you could stay at the Ramada inn Airport/Port location they will pick you up from the airport (free) and they have a pre-cruise package that will take you to the port of Miami the next day. (the price is figured into the room rate so not "Free" but it is still much cheaper than a hotel room+shuttle service) they will also allow you to take the same shuttle back to the FLL airport the next week for a much cheaper price than I have found other places>

Is the Ramada Inn Airport/Port location in Fll or Miami?

We are doing basically the same thing, flying into Fll and leaving from the Miami port the next day.

Thanks so much for the information!!! I am excited for this cruise I hear that Destiny is always ported in san juan. They are moving to Miami after it goes in to dry dock for a new look. I am looking for a hotel in Miami so we can hang out there for a night! So any good ideas for Miami?

Is the Ramada Inn Airport/Port location in Fll or Miami?

We are doing basically the same thing, flying into Fll and leaving from the Miami port the next day.

If it's the Ramada by the FLL airport, watch out. It's a run down facility located on some shady, back road (off SR-84, on the west side of I-95) a few hundred feet from the airport's main runway landing path. Not much to do around there and I wold recommend double locking your doors...

We typically fly into FLL for our Miami cruises and have done several different options. We've taken the cruise transfers (by far the easiest - just add them onto your cruise reservation, or meet the Carnival reps at baggage), stayed at the previously mentioned Ramada Inn with their pre-cruise package, taken a cab, and taken a limo.

If you're flying in the day before, check out the hotels near the FLL airport. Most offer free transfers from the airport to the hotel and can suggest a company for the transfer to the ship. If you stay at the Ramada you can actually get it included in your room rate as mentioned, but that same shuttle service also stops at several of the other hotels in the area.

As mentioned, the Ramada is nothing special. You can probably get a comparable "package" price from one of the other airport hotels by booking the room and then a separate transfer or limo. All rooms at the Ramada have outside doors and they have not been updated recently. They do have a decent breakfast buffet that is included in the room rate. There is not much within walking distance as far as restaurants and such, but the restaurant in the hotel is open fairly decent hours. My husband enjoyed watching football in the bar and said they had good drink specials!

Our last trip in May we stayed at the Hampton Inn, which was a much nicer hotel and also had a free hot breakfast. The hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport and the driver was really nice. Then we took Larry's Limo to the port the next morning. It worked out just a little bit more than what a transfer would have cost us, but it was much nicer to have the personal service. We even had the same driver going back to the FLL airport after the cruise! The advantage to a limo is you can pick your time to leave and aren't in the hurry up and wait mode. I would definitely recommend Larry's to anyone traveling from FLL to Port of Miami! http://www.larryslimo.com/

Call Steve at SAS Transportation - 954-600-0240. We live in the Fort Lauderdale area - he is local, will e-mail a confirmation. Used several

companies in the past, he is responsible and reliable! Found his name

on Cruise Critic and booked him for our Carnival Liberty trip two weeks

ago. His vans are extra large, and has a trailer for the suitcases!

Steve will pick up from airport, hotels, private residences, etc.

Prices are good too!!

Call Steve at SAS Transportation - 954-600-0240. We live in the Fort Lauderdale area - he is local, will e-mail a confirmation. Used several

companies in the past, he is responsible and reliable! Found his name

on Cruise Critic and booked him for our Carnival Liberty trip two weeks

ago. His vans are extra large, and has a trailer for the suitcases!

Steve will pick up from airport, hotels, private residences, etc.

Prices are good too!!

I called and booked SAS today...his prices were by far the BEST I've found....we have 6 in our party...we have a late flight... he even suggested a Hotel we could leave our luggage at and use their facilities til time for us to get to the Airport..Thanks for this post..;)

If it's the Ramada by the FLL airport, watch out. It's a run down facility located on some shady, back road (off SR-84, on the west side of I-95) a few hundred feet from the airport's main runway landing path. Not much to do around there and I wold recommend double locking your doors...

I know you didn't ask about hotels in Miami but for anyone comtemplating Ramada in Miami...DON'T. It has been awhile but the Ramada in Miami was like the one described above. Previously we had stayed at a high rise Ramada very close to the airport & it was nice. Next trip called for Ramada's 800# asking for Inn near airport & they gave us Ramada West (or some sort of direction added to name), which turned out to be a distance from airport & bad area. When we gave cab driver address he told us he didn't think we would feel comfortable there & added he didn't think most people there would even speak English - said the Ramada close to airport we prev. stayed at had closed - but it was 11:00 pm & we felt limited in choice (3 kids in tow too), figured it was only for the night....mistake...looked like a homeless woman pushing a shopping cart into the elevator...some sort of insects flying like crazy out of bathroom drain. Went down to desk, immediately checked out & asked to be directed to a better hotel. Directed us to Holiday Inn in a different part of town & that was nice. Cost us $80. in cab fares, more $$ in hotels, but being able to close your eyes that night & not be in fear...priceless!

Yeah! I am so glad this came up this time! I have been watching for FLL to POM advice since Feb and this is the first time SAS came up! Just called him (after calling another place) and he was $6 less per person! Very nice and am excited to travel with to the ship!

I called and booked SAS today...his prices were by far the BEST I've found....we have 6 in our party...we have a late flight... he even suggested a Hotel we could leave our luggage at and use their facilities til time for us to get to the Airport..Thanks for this post..;)

We are also a party of 2 and I was not sure what to expect either. That being said... only 15 pp both ways... he just fits you in with other parties! Very nice guy!

What price did you get for SAS? Do you have alot in your party?? I'm curious because we are only a party of 2 and wouldn't mind saving money.

Archived