Canada Place to Ballantyne Pier

gisele21

Hi,

We have a rental car in Vancouver for the next couple of days. My husband wants to drop us off at Ballantyne Pier and the return the rental car at Canada Place. We are wondering if he can walk back to Ballantyne or does he need to get a cab? He's pretty athetic so a mile or so isn't a big deal, but is there a walkable path to Ballantyne?

Thanks!

Hi,

We have a rental car in Vancouver for the next couple of days. My husband wants to drop us off at Ballantyne Pier and the return the rental car at Canada Place. We are wondering if he can walk back to Ballantyne or does he need to get a cab? He's pretty athetic so a mile or so isn't a big deal, but is there a walkable path to Ballantyne?

Thanks!

Hi Gisele21,

It is just under 2 miles. about 6 mins by car. See attached link for map

have a great trip

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Vancouver&1s=BC&1pn=Canada+Place&2c=Vancouver+&2s=BC&2a=655+Centennial+Road#a/maps/l:Canada+Place:999+Canada+Pl:Vancouver:BC:V6C%203E1:CA:49.28766:-123.11354:address:/l::655+Centennial+Road:Vancouver:BC:V6A:CA:49.28502:-123.08936:address:/m::12:49.284393:-123.101497:0::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Cynthia48

I am surprised that your husband can not get a shuttle to Ballantyne from the rental company as many do or alternatively drop it off at downtown location where again most offer a shuttle; I would certainly ask. I would not recommend the walk, it is thru a very tough neighbourhood and then an industrial area. If a shuttle is not available then I would be inclined to take a cab for the $10/12.

I live in Vancouver and I won't do that walk day or night. It is a bit far to walk and as some said, and I agree 100%, that it is the roughest and scariest neighborhood in Canada. (Really, it is). A cab will take not more than $10 to 15. I would definitely just take a cab.

We rented cars from Vancouver airport with Hertz and our husbands dropped us all off at Ballantyne Pier and then returned the cars at Hertz' downtown location on Seymour. They did NOT offer a shuttle (much to our dismay). The men waited for a cab to pick them up and return them to the Ballantyne Pier. (Approx. $12 - as mentioned) One note, the traffic was horrible getting from The Fairmont Waterfront to Ballantyne & then to the Hertz office. The cab driver knew 'shortcuts' to get the men back to the pier from Hertz. But when it was all said and done, I would say it took 1 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Also as mentioned, you go through a very scary part of town. No way would we walk!

I won't swear to this but the Port of Vancouver's website intimates that Avis, Budget, & National do offer shuttles. Budget does have a location on the edge of Chinatown which is not to far from Ballantyne. So if I was the original poster I would contact the rental company directly.

Archived