Seafood in Saint John and Halifax

Billy's Seafood at the Saint John City Market is voted the local's favorite seafood restaurant every year in HERE Magazine. Their website is: http://www.billysseafood.com/

The other two in the area are Steamer's Lobster Company on Water Street and Grannan's in Market Square.

I second the recommendation for Billy's. Great seafood!!!

I just reviewed Billy's Seafood menu - it looks wonderful!

In Halifax, my favourite seafood spot is Salty's on the harbourfront just behind the Historic Properties. You can walk there from the ship. Get a seat by the window and enjoy the harbour activity while you eat.

I am on Carnival Victory for Sept. 27. I have signed up for the ship's Lobster and Lighthouses shore excursion. We will go to a seafood restaurant and eat whole lobsters.

I have heard about the contaminated lobster pancreas. How will this situation be handled at the restaurant?

I am on Carnival Victory for Sept. 27. I have signed up for the ship's Lobster and Lighthouses shore excursion. We will go to a seafood restaurant and eat whole lobsters.

I have heard about the contaminated lobster pancreas. How will this situation be handled at the restaurant?

The green stuff is "tomalley" and will be handled no differently by restaurants - very few ate it in the past as it is a delicasy and has always been "contaminated". Sortof puzzled how this appears in the media all of a sudden .... It should not be a concern when consuming your lobster unless you intentionally go for the green stuff.

Archived