new ship in jersey

sac2

I don't care what kind of ship, yes, freedom class would be wonderful, but another ship besides the Explorer would be great!

can we al write or email them and request a new ship...lol..and yes a covered solaruim would b nice

Not that I don't love the Explorer, but I enjoy going on different ships. Part of the fun is getting to know a new ship. I would love to cruise on a larger ship, but I can't see flying to Florida for a 7 night cruise.

I too would love to have a different ship at least for one year - especially with a covered Solarium.

I live in NJ about 15 minutes from Bayonne or even the NY passenger ship terminal. I have never sailed on a RCCL cruise out of the NY metro area even though it is so close to my home. With the cost od fuel it is becoming more of an issue and I would hope RCCL would offer a larger selection of cruises from Bayonne. But the lack of choices is keeping me from sailing from NJ and spending the extra money on airfare. So my plea to RCCL is not necessarily to add another ship, but to add more itineraries. Good Sailing, Murf

I live in NJ about 15 minutes from Bayonne or even the NY passenger ship terminal. I have never sailed on a RCCL cruise out of the NY metro area even though it is so close to my home. With the cost od fuel it is becoming more of an issue and I would hope RCCL would offer a larger selection of cruises from Bayonne. But the lack of choices is keeping me from sailing from NJ and spending the extra money on airfare. So my plea to RCCL is not necessarily to add another ship, but to add more itineraries. Good Sailing, Murf

Very true statement, there is a huge lack of itinerary leaving Bayonne. ExOs is great, and even though we can stay on her and never get off, as we enjoy ship-life, we're looking for 'different' since the same ole, same ole is just that, getting old!

Very true statement, there is a huge lack of itinerary leaving Bayonne. ExOs is great, and even though we can stay on her and never get off, as we enjoy ship-life, we're looking for 'different' since the same ole, same ole is just that, getting old!

Hi, Stacey, I'ts Patti from the Pedgroup ! I've seen your posts on a few of the threads and tried to reach you but you must have already signed off. We are going to be on the EOS July/09,and I too wish they would switch it up a bit with the ships(don't get me wrong,I love the EOS), but a little variety would be nice !! Hope all is well with your family, tell Daniel I'm no longer a lurker!! Love, Patti

Hi, Stacey, I'ts Patti from the Pedgroup ! I've seen your posts on a few of the threads and tried to reach you but you must have already signed off. We are going to be on the EOS July/09,and I too wish they would switch it up a bit with the ships(don't get me wrong,I love the EOS), but a little variety would be nice !! Hope all is well with your family, tell Daniel I'm no longer a lurker!! Love, Patti

Could this be Patti from the Pediatric Group in Princeton?

It would be wonderful if there was another choice of ships out of Bayonne. We've done a repo into Bayonne and Explorer rt Bayonne. We just booked an early January cruise and would have loved to sail from Bayonne but didn't want to do the same old thing.

I guess that's the issue, though. RCCL didn't lose a customer---we just booked a different ship. As long as passengers are willing to book another port and Explorer is sailing full or close to capacity there's no need for another ship or itinerary in Bayonne.

Could this be Patti from the Pediatric Group in Princeton?

It would be wonderful if there was another choice of ships out of Bayonne. We've done a repo into Bayonne (easy) and Explorer rt Bayonne. We just booked an early January cruise and would have loved to sail from Bayonne but didn't want to the same old thing.

Yes, it's me ! You can see that now that I'm retired , I have a lot of time to do things I never was able to. My family will be cruising end of Aug and thanks to CruiseDivaNJ(aka Stacey)I get alot of info here! Great way to enjoy my morning coffee with!!!

Actually all the itineraries are pretty much the same, even out of Miami...I've done only Eastern or Western. Our first cruise out of Bayonne was in 2004 on the Voyager. It was the year RCI started sailing out of Bayonne. On the other hand, my very first cruise was on the Explorer out of Miami in 2002. Alot depends on the time of year the cruise is. I cruise in June/July so the Southern is usually not an option at that time. I think there is a good Southern on the Explorer earlier in the year. I am a teacher, so I only have the summer off, so my cruises are in the summer. I still wish they would change ships more often and also have another cruise out of Philly!!

Hi, Stacey, I'ts Patti from the Pedgroup ! I've seen your posts on a few of the threads and tried to reach you but you must have already signed off. We are going to be on the EOS July/09,and I too wish they would switch it up a bit with the ships(don't get me wrong,I love the EOS), but a little variety would be nice !! Hope all is well with your family, tell Daniel I'm no longer a lurker!! Love, Patti[/quote

PATTI!! Hugs... Not happy (but happy) to hear that you retiredm I will miss you so much! Actually, I need someone to have a good cry with, I JUST found out about MBL... We are still de vastated. I am actually at P'ton med centre as I type, mom is having an outpatient procedure. Let's find some time to do lunch soon. My email is in my signature..... Miss you lots!! Xo

Yes, it's me ! You can see that now that I'm retired , I have a lot of time to do things I never was able to. My family will be cruising end of Aug and thanks to CruiseDivaNJ(aka Stacey)I get alot of info here! Great way to enjoy my morning coffee with!!!

So this is when I break into singing "It's a small world after all..." :D

My oldest is too old for the group and my youngest is still in college but doesn't usually need mommy to accompany him to the dr so I didn't know you'd retired. Congratulations! I do see Dr K at the golf course pretty often.

Actually all the itineraries are pretty much the same, even out of Miami...I've done only Eastern or Western. Our first cruise out of Bayonne was in 2004 on the Voyager. It was the year RCI started sailing out of Bayonne. On the other hand, my very first cruise was on the Explorer out of Miami in 2002. Alot depends on the time of year the cruise is. I cruise in June/July so the Southern is usually not an option at that time. I think there is a good Southern on the Explorer earlier in the year. I am a teacher, so I only have the summer off, so my cruises are in the summer. I still wish they would change ships more often and also have another cruise out of Philly!!

We had a few different itineraries to pick from since we were willing to fly Miami, FLL, San Juan or wherever we could get air fare that wouldn't break the bank.

Singing its a small world with you!!! (But I'm on my blackberry and cc on here is new to me lol I hope I,m posting on the right thread) lol joking. I guess some of us CC'ers live rather close to eachother or ha ve tripped over eachother at the pediatric group!

Singing its a small world with you!!! (But I'm on my blackberry and cc on here is new to me lol I hope I,m posting on the right thread) lol joking. I guess some of us CC'ers live rather close to eachother or ha ve tripped over eachother at the pediatric group!

If anyone wants to play CC geography you can email me at manya58 at aol.

Stacey, is it tough to use the blackberry for internet surfing? I'm planning to upgrade and can't decide between iphone or blackberry.

Hi, Stacey, I'ts Patti from the Pedgroup ! I've seen your posts on a few of the threads and tried to reach you but you must have already signed off. We are going to be on the EOS July/09,and I too wish they would switch it up a bit with the ships(don't get me wrong,I love the EOS), but a little variety would be nice !! Hope all is well with your family, tell Daniel I'm no longer a lurker!! Love, Patti[/quote

PATTI!! Hugs... Not happy (but happy) to hear that you retiredm I will miss you so much! Actually, I need someone to have a good cry with, I JUST found out about MBL... We are still de vastated. I am actually at P'ton med centre as I type, mom is having an outpatient procedure. Let's find some time to do lunch soon. My email is in my signature..... Miss you lots!! Xo

Stacey, I'm so glad we finally connected, and yes ,the loss of MBL was devastating, I will E-mail or call you real soon so we can make a plan to meet for lunch. Love, Patti P.S> hope your Mom is ok

I got a questionare from RCCL after my Explorer cruise. At the end there was a place for comments. That's where I put in a few words about getting another ship or at least changing ships in NJ. It was my second time on Eos.

Do you know why they don't put a ship with a covered solaruimin NJ.

How do you fit 3600 people in one. LOL Talk about chair hogs.

We are waiting to book whatever is out of NJ for May 2010. Hopefully it will be a surprise.

we're trying the Explorer this Oct for the first time. But I'd love to see a variety of ships. We've sailed on the Grandeur out of Baltimore before & we haven't done it again just because we'd like to try different ships.

I'd love to see them sail out of Philly too - that would be awesome!!! (can you tell which city I'm closest too)

Sorry, We've been told that there are no plans of bringing another ship to NJ or Philly in the near future. The Explorer will be there thru 2010 at least

my question is can we the people do a petition type thing and let rc know we want this they might listen if the people speak..certainly its more money for them...we do need a change in destinations...eos is nice but can we do someting different now...we need a change..lol

my question is can we the people do a petition type thing and let rc know we want this they might listen if the people speak..certainly its more money for them...we do need a change in destinations...eos is nice but can we do someting different now...we need a change..lol

I agree! Philly would be a good port too.

Archived