Money Question

Hi all, we are first time cruisers and we are trying to figure out the best way to split our money. We will be on the Glory in '09 and thought we would bring some cash (small bills for tipping), of course there is the on board account and thought maybe of travellers cheques. Can we cash travellers cheques on the ship? I have heard that sometimes ships "run out of cash???" sounds kinda off to me but of course if I have a travellers cheque to cash that wouldn't be a good thing. Is it best just to bring cash? I am a little nervous about carrying around all that money.

Been on a lot of cruises and I always take travellers checks for "emergency fund". Never have heard of a ship running out of cash?

I've always taken too much money when cruising. I can't seem to leave the country without "extra" just in case. Taking travellers checks is perfect for me and my "emergency fund" because I don't have to worry about losing it or having it stolen!

The ATM is out of money well before the cruise is over. I've never heard of the purser's desk running out of money.

We brought TC's our first cruise. I discovered I had better things to do than wait in line at the purser's to exchange them.

We use our CC for S&S and bring cash for the ports and tips. I carry 1/2 and DH carries 1/2. Once we get on the ship, it all goes in the safe. We only carry X amount to each port.

Archived