RC cruise v Disney for a family? Opinions, advice welcome

When are they due out? They were talking about the "new" Disney ships when we sailed DCL in 2000... Just never seem to have materialised.

Boo

I think 2011 and 2012. We can't wait! My family loves DCL. My kids don't want to do RCCL yet. They are still pretty young. I am taking my 13 and 12 yr old on the Indie in Nov so they can check it out. I will see if the older ones change their minds after that.

We have a few more years of DCL before we switch to RCCL as a family. If only RCCL could come up with some decent shows! DCL shows are the only ones I enjoy.

I think 2011 and 2012. We can't wait! My family loves DCL. My kids don't want to do RCCL yet. They are still pretty young. I am taking my 13 and 12 yr old on the Indie in Nov so they can check it out. I will see if the older ones change their minds after that.

We have a few more years of DCL before we switch to RCCL as a family. If only RCCL could come up with some decent shows! DCL shows are the only ones I enjoy.

Sounds interesting...

I don't have any immediate plans to sail Disney again, because we don't have kids yet (yes, that is right - our one time on DCL was without kids :o ).

BUT when we do and he/she/they are old enough to appreciate it, we will take them on Disney for at least one cruise.

Boo

I think 2011 and 2012. We can't wait! My family loves DCL.

Yep, it is 2011 and 2012. The interesting part is that the "Disney Dreams" ship will be smaller than Freedom. :confused: Here are the details on the ships...

http://www.passporter.com/articles/disney-cruise-line-new-ships.asp

lagbunch - We'll be waving at you when you get off the Wonder. :D We board on the 11th...so keep the ship clean will ya please. :D

Thanks for this thread. We are big DCL fans too and I thought the food was excellent in the DR's on the Magic when we went in May. We have another 7 day booked for 8/09 and are looking to book an RCCL for the week before. Our kids will be 8 & 11 and we all want to try RCCL. We hope to book a Freedom class in the future. I have discovered I love the Caribbean. I think my kids would like some more activities and I think RCCL has better choices. We are now addicted to cruising, I just wish we lived closer to a Caribbean itinerary port. Alaska just doesn't interest me.

Archived