SeaMiles /OVC

crdtrnr

Another reason why NOT to do business with them.

I booked thru my PVP at Carnival, so that he could get the credit, then transferred the booking to Seamiles, so that I could redeem my miles.

Then the aggrevation starts...

1. My error - I booked with a military discount - I didn't realize that I would not be getting my full discount from Seamiles. Got a $62 discount from Military, Seamiles was (250-62) 188. They discount the discount the amount you already get (no double dipping.)

2. I booked a 4a gtd. They like to assign cabins.

3. Later (this weekend) I notice that the OV Gtd is running at the same price as the 4a ($349) (good price, btw)...took two days of calling to get my rep at Seamiles.....It would take an ADDITIONAL $150 to change booking to a OV!!! The rep said that OV and IS only get $100 off instead of $250!!!*****!

In addition to, A discounted discount does not get the discount replaced if changes are made (I got $188 with military, if I change to a 6a, I still only get the $188, instead of the $250).

4. Too much trouble to cancel and rebook, especially at a lower discounted rate!

So, live and learn, and Cancel the dratted card after the cruise!

(this is addition to them lowering my credit limit last year a week before my europe trip - I called them to get a pin#, and that was their response!)

Oh well, any cruise is better than no cruise.

Thanks for letting me vent!

That's what I love about my American Express Blue Sky. I get the full $100 for 7,500 points....no matter how cheap I get the cruise!!!

Plus, no black out dates...no restrictions...I can use it on cruises, car rental, hotels etc. And I can book with whom ever I please!!! Total freedom!!

AND they are currently giving me double points on all purchases over $2,500.00 for the next 3 months!!!!

LOVE IT!!!

(PLUS they gave me 30,000 points ~$400.00 (which I have already used)~ just for joining!!!!! :D

Archived