What to do in Cozumel with 3 kids?

lorasmom

This is a cross-post from the Cozumel board :o

We will be on the Imagination, in Cozumel from 1-10pm.

The kids will be 7, 10, and 2 1/2. What do we have time to do, and still get back before dark?

I'd prefer something more educational/historical, and would have loved to do some ruins or something, but I don't know if we'd have time? We also like to snorkel, and would prefer beach snorkeling, not out on a boat (due to the baby).

http://cozumelparks.com/

This is the link to Cozumel's national parks. I've never been there, but they should have some interesting stuff.

But like Timmy mentioned, there are also lots of beach clubs. The one I went to the last time I was there did not have many kids activities.

The beach club that I went to had a sign that said "Danger - Crocodiles". But the beach club I went to was pretty small and remote. No doubt, Paradise or another big beach club would not have a problem.

Also, while we were there, a squad of Mexican Marines complete with machine guns and body armor came walking through the beach club. They were looking for drug smugglers.

But Cozumel is very beautiful and lots of fun.

At the place I went to, even the 2-year-old could walk into the ocean up to his or her knees and see fish.

Like you, we'll be in Cozumel from 1-10 in December. My three kids are 15, 13, and 9, and I worry that we won't have a chance to introduce them to snorkeling because many of the beaches close at 5. I'll be watching this thread with interest!

PS Your screen name is intriguing...did you attend Loras College?

ecn81126, the time is a big concern for me as well - I'm not sure how much we'll be able to get done before it gets dark, and I'm not thrilled about the idea of being out after dark with 3 little girls.

I did not attend Lora's college, I don't think I've heard of it?! I'm just Lora's mom :)

If you want to get technical about it, beaches on Cozumel don't close at 5.

All beaches in Mexico are federal government property and anyone can go there at any time.

But the beach club operators may close at 5 and lock up the cerveza and the rest room. That's my cue to leave. And Cozumel is pretty far east in its time zone so in December, it's dark by 530 PM or so.

Also, it's hard to see slippery, sharp rocks in the dark.

Archived