altun ha or lamani ? who to book with

gabbyg

Hello again,

We are considering to going to the ruins in BELIZE, the Lamanai tour has great ratings but worried about getting back to ship on time as the ship ( carnavil legend sailing 8/31) doesn't offer this tour but does offer the Altun ha tour. Could someone please tell me if one is better then the other and if its lamanai who should we book with? Was there last year and did the cave tubeing with the dot com guys had a blast. Seen alot of the country while on the bus and would like for my daughter and hubby to see some of the same. Thank you in advance

Donna

I am planning to book Lamanai thru belizecruiseexcursions.com - as it it not offered thru the ship as you mentioned. Review of the tour are great - and yes the worry is getting back to the ship - but so far everyone that has used has gotten back on time! I think they are well aware of the timeframe and make sure no one will miss their ship!

We were on the Legend last October and took the Altun Ha / River Wallace tour with Carnival. I really wanted to do the Lamanai tour, but, like you, I was worried about time restraints. The tour ended up being better than I thought and my entire family enjoyed our day. My 6-year-old loved the boat ride down the river...we saw crocodiles, bats, monkey, iguanas, etc. Altun Ha is much more "park-like" than Lamanai -- the grounds are neatly groomed, etc...and be warned that there is basically no shade there -- it was sweltering that day. Lamanai is surrounded by jungle and it is on the banks of the river. A friend of mine went there while on vacation in Belize and she thought it was awesome. Bottom line is that I was completely satisfied with the Carnival excursion to Altun Ha, but I still want to go see Lamanai...maybe next time. ;)

Archived