Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting ??

happyone082

Has anyone done this excursion through Carnival? In Cozumel...

My parents and I are thinking of trying it but I'm worried the only entree we would make is seafood... and I can't eat all seafood.

What kind of food do you prepare?

Thanks! :)

This is the same excursion whether you're on RCI or Carnival. When I was there 2 weeks ago, the majority of the other people were on the Carnival ship in port.

Here is a link to another thread on this board about this excursion. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=664528The menu is also the same, however if you don't like fish you can have chicken (although they'll tell you it's iguana!).

I highly recommend it!

This excursion sounds like so much fun! Thank you all for for the postings. Curious about the timing; when it starts and when it's over etc.

We're trying to figure out our "Day in Cozumel". We'd thought of doing Nachi Cocum or hiring a taxi for a ride to the east side. Now I've found the cooking class at Playa Mia..decisions decisions! This is our first cruise (for our 25th Annv..) and we're coming a very long way for it. Not sure if we'll ever get back to this part of the world. Any info/advice is appreciated.

This excursion sounds like so much fun! Thank you all for for the postings. Curious about the timing; when it starts and when it's over etc.

We're trying to figure out our "Day in Cozumel". We'd thought of doing Nachi Cocum or hiring a taxi for a ride to the east side. Now I've found the cooking class at Playa Mia..decisions decisions! This is our first cruise (for our 25th Annv..) and we're coming a very long way for it. Not sure if we'll ever get back to this part of the world. Any info/advice is appreciated.

Carnivals site says it is five hours long. I think they give you about an hour to roam the beach when it's over. I'm really excited about it! My parents can hardly wait!

This is the same excursion whether you're on RCI or Carnival. When I was there 2 weeks ago, the majority of the other people were on the Carnival ship in port.

Here is a link to another thread on this board about this excursion. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=664528The menu is also the same, however if you don't like fish you can have chicken (although they'll tell you it's iguana!).

I highly recommend it!

Thank you!! I am so excited now! :D

• 1 month later...
Has anyone done this excursion through Carnival? In Cozumel...

My parents and I are thinking of trying it but I'm worried the only entree we would make is seafood... and I can't eat all seafood.

What kind of food do you prepare?

Thanks! :)

HappyOne I will be participating in this excursion in Nov. so when I return I will include detailed info in my review and I'll make a seperate post on this forum too! We are looking very forward to it!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I did this excursion in July. I was on RCCL but the rest of the group was on Carnival. It was terrific. I have a link to my pictures in my signature.

Those were great! Thanks for sharing. I just sent them to my mother and mother-in-law because we are doing this excursion together. :)

We're trying to decide between Mr. Sanchos ($45/pp + taxi) vs the ship one ($85/each). I don't know if this class is that much better to justify that much more per person....I haven't heard anyone on cruisecritic who actually took mr sancho's class. Anyone? TIA!!

We're trying to decide between Mr. Sanchos ($45/pp + taxi) vs the ship one ($85/each). I don't know if this class is that much better to justify that much more per person....I haven't heard anyone on cruisecritic who actually took mr sancho's class. Anyone? TIA!!

look at the mr sancho's all inclusive thread a ladie did it and posted pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848066&page=4

I did the Playa Mia one in July and it was great, however I've booked the Mr. Sanchos one for Christmas because of price and a change. I went through Carrie at tourcozumeldotnet and it was $45 pp and I added massages and am still paying less. From what I understand from some people who did Mr. Sanchos last month, the chef doesn't speak much English so it wasn't as fun as Luis at Playa Mia. Also, not as much alcohol, which isn't a real problem for me. We're looking forward to enjoying the cooking then the massages.

I did the Playa Mia one in July and it was great, however I've booked the Mr. Sanchos one for Christmas because of price and a change. I went through Carrie at tourcozumeldotnet and it was $45 pp and I added massages and am still paying less. From what I understand from some people who did Mr. Sanchos last month, the chef doesn't speak much English so it wasn't as fun as Luis at Playa Mia. Also, not as much alcohol, which isn't a real problem for me. We're looking forward to enjoying the cooking then the massages.

Let us all know about this excursion, the price sounds great...

Archived