stupid question about heights

nurseblissful

how are the roads in st lucia? are they hanging over the sides of the road with no guard rails? i am terrified of heights and since i got the fool scared out of me in dominica:eek:, i am afraid....can anyone help with this? thanks, lauri

The roads in St. Lucia follow the topography closely. They are winding through the hills and mountains. There were stone walls and guard rails along the bad corners as I recall. St. Lucia is more built up than Dominica, but every bit as beautiful. I would highly recommend taking a professional tour, as the roads can be intimidating for tourists attempting to drive rental vehicles. Cosol gives the best tour around!

Enjoy your trip!

Eric

thanks eric. i live in the flat part of virginia in the u.s. and our friends live in the allegheny mountains in pennsylvania. so they are used to looking over the edges.....lol. thanks again for your response. hurry up march 4...lauri

The roads in St. Lucia are not at all like the roads in Dominica. They are winding but not scary. You will be fine. We've spent 5 weeks on St. Lucia and it's our favorite island. Don't be afraid to get out there and see things! And you're right...the roads in Dominica will scare years off from anyone! We rented a car there and I think the dashboard still has my finger indentations.

• 1 month later...
The roads in St. Lucia are not at all like the roads in Dominica. They are winding but not scary. You will be fine. We've spent 5 weeks on St. Lucia and it's our favorite island. Don't be afraid to get out there and see things! And you're right...the roads in Dominica will scare years off from anyone! We rented a car there and I think the dashboard still has my finger indentations.

Yes, I totally agree !! The roads scared me so much that I don't know if I want to do a land tour of Dominica again when we dock there next January. Although it is a breathtakingly beautiful island, I just am not used to those kinds of roads. There is no way we would rent a car there. We had hired a very good guide and I was still scared out of my wits. He was a good driver but the drop-0ffs and no guide rail, oh dear. And some of the angles of the roads were so steep!!

Archived