Just wondering

Chris41

All cruise lines have a web site. On that web site is a list of rules that the passengers have to follow. They list things like where you can smoke on a ship, can you bring liquor or wine on board, what to wear and when. Plus usually hundreds of other things. Most have a FAQ section that answers most of your questions.

What you get on the CC board in some cases are people that are aware of the rules of the ship but some try to circumvent them because they don't think they are fair or it's going to cost them more money or they shouldn't apply to them because "they're special".

It's these people that I object to. The people that come on here, know how to use the internet and I am betting that they have visted the cruise lines web sites before even coming to CC.

I will say CC doesn't have the best search mechanism for looking up past subjects. I have been on some boards where some members get real upset if you ask a question that's been constantly asked before and you have made no attempt to find past posts about it.:confused:

You've hit the nail on the head. Most who post with such volatile subjects KNOW what the rules are. What many are looking for is HOW to break those rules.

They KNOW that smoking is permitted - and where - and yet STILL come on here to complain.

They KNOW what the booze policy is - and yet still come here asking questions on how to get around the rules.

A little research on the cruise website will answer the questions. If ya want to break the rules, post it on CC...then, stand back and expect to get blasted.:rolleyes:

Seems like this topic has been exhausted....and beginning to be repetitious...don't you think.

What are some topics that would be useful to the new cruisers who are reading this board. Positive experiences, tips, favorite ports or cruise itineraries, length of cruise, etc.??

Well' date=' in my experience as a newbie, the search function is unavailable more often than not. [b']I too have found this and I must admit it leaves me frustrated.[/b]

If you feel that we're reopening an old can of worms by asking questions, then scroll and ignore. Now this sounds like a logical thing to do!

To be honest, the attitude of alot of the posters on here have made me more worried about my cruise (what have I done choosing this type of vacation???) than I was with my unanswered questions. I too have sometimes thought "What have I done", I am booked on a cruise /tour and just may be spending time with some of these negative people. It's taken just a little of the excitement out of use meeting new people from across the other side of the world.

As my dear old mum used to say " Now play nice children";)

I have been flamed or stoned so many times that I have a doctor's appointment to check all my black and blue marks :eek: . Just kidding. Sometime you have to just ignore what some people say and skip on to the next answer. Just keep skipping until you come across an answer that you will be able to use and that relates to the question originally posted.

Archived