*****football In Oct****************

CENIA

:D I WILL BE SAILING IN OCTOBER ON THE ECSTACY. I AM A BIG FOOTBALL FAN. I WAS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE A SPORTS BAR ON THE ECSTACY SHIP AND IF I WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH MY TEAM PLAY ON THAT SUNDAY????? :p

:D I WILL BE SAILING IN OCTOBER ON THE ECSTACY. I AM A BIG FOOTBALL FAN. I WAS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE A SPORTS BAR ON THE ECSTACY SHIP AND IF I WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH MY TEAM PLAY ON THAT SUNDAY????? :p

I'm sailing on the Norwegian Star in October and asked this question a while ago. I was told that one or two of the bars on the ship had large tv's and did in fact show football. I just wonder which games they show? I'm hoping since we will be in Mexico, it will be my team, the Raiders!!!

Sorry I can't specifically answer your question for your ship, but I thought I'd let you know what I was told!

Tina in Antioch, CA

Norwegian Star 10/18/08

First cruise Ever!

They will have football on for you to see but what game(s) you get really depend on the satellite, broadcasting and schedules. (Sailing out of Miami does not guarantee the Dolphins.) They seem to show the games that are rated by somebody as 'the most in demand' with teams that, in general, do well like the Colts and the Patriots. Of course for me being from Boston this works well. Now if you happen to be the one Sunday or Monday night game that week then you can rest assured your game will be the one shown.

Thank you!! I hope the satellite picks up my Dallas Cowboys game. Thanks for your response!

Just to clarify, the satellite on Carnival's ships is not direcTV or Dish. So set your expectations accordingly.

I believe the ships are equipped with C-Band dishes... the big 10 foot ones (or at least the one's I've been on). And the broadcast they get is from a private provider that they have a contact with. That's why you'll likely get the local Denver TV stations, and probably whatever game is being broadcast there.

I'm not sure what games you may see, but we are from the Jacksonville Fl area and last year we were on a New Year's eve Panama cruise and watched 2 Jacksonville Jaguar games on board. We were on Princess but have watched games on all the ships we have been on. I'm not sure how they determine which games to show, but it is by satellite.

I hope you like European football (soccer), because that's all you are going to see. We were on the NCL Sun around New Years and you know how many bowl games are played at that time of year. The only game shown on the ship was the Rose Bowl, which happened to be the championship game that year (Texas beat USC). The ESPN they show is from Central and South America, however the crew loved it.

If the Vaqueros have a Sunday day game, and if you're in a Mexican port; you should be able to see the Cowboys play.

Maybe it's because certain Cowboys players have been enthusiastic consumers of certain Mexican agricultural products.......But chances are, if you're on Cozumel, Playa del Carmen/Calica or any Pacific port, there will be a bar nearby whose bartender can be tipped to show the Vaqueros de Dallas game. I'm not sure about Costa Maya. Costa Maya is a bit out in the boondocks.

You mean I'll be able to see the Premiereship, the Serie A, La Liga, Die Bundesliga or maybe even the Mexican League on board?

That's great news for a "futbol" fan like me!

Most times, the games they show are ones that are carried by ESPN Deportes or ESPN International. Ships don't have access to NFL Sunday Ticket or to national networks like CBS or Fox.

I just got off of the Victory and they showed Fox's Sat afternoon baseball in the sports bar and in the room's, they also showed playoff games from CBS and Fox last year on the Star.

Archived