Imagination review part 2: 7/24 sailing Key West

SpideyHulk24

Okay, so here is my official review of the July 24th sailing:

Cast: Me, DW, sons 3 and 8, Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle

Cruise: 4 day western: Key West, Cozumel, Day at Sea

Day 2:

Key West

So after a great night’s rest, we woke up early as we would be in Key west by 7:30 a.m. We got dressed and went to the Lido deck for breakfast. After breakfast we headed off the ship to Key West. We did not sign up for any tours, but rather wanted to roam on our own. Here’s a tip: you don’t have to rush off. We did and nothing was really open until after 9:30 or 10 a.m. We headed to Duvall street and the surrounding area as we promised the boys we would go to the Ripley’s museum. It was interesting and lot of fun. They boys loved it. Afterwards, we headed to the Pirate museum. This was also a lot of fun, but my 3 year old was afraid. Once we finished here, we did some shopping and went to the Hard Rock Cafe. My parents ended up renting a motor cart to drive around town and see the sites. We all had a great time. At about 12:30 we headed back to the ship as we where hungry and the ship was setting sail at 1:30. Lines for lunch this day were loooonnnngggg as everyone did what we did and headed back. Today I tried the Mongolian bbq. It was out of this world and always had a line, but well worth the wait.

After lunch, it was about time to set sail, so we checked the boys in to Camp and my wife and I decided to get things ready for Elegant night tonight. We went to Vittorio’s got some strawberries and headed back to the room. At 4 p.m. my wife went to the spa for her hair appointment and the boys and I began to get ready. Once she got back, we headed out for some sushi, pre dinner pics and dinner. Tonight was lobster. Our server was great. He brought us 2 lobster tails each! They were cooked to perfection! For dessert we had bitter and blanc and cappuccino! After dinner, we took the boys to camp and my wife and I went to see the comedian and the juggler. They were great! After the show, some more strolling on the ship and back to the room. We were tired and were so excited about Cozumel the next day!

Cozumel up next!

Archived