Just posted my review of June Voyager trip

Check it out at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=44748

We used these boards so much as our guide to choices in the Mediterranean. Thank you to all who post here and share their experiences. It really helps others to plan and know what's good and what to avoid.

Great review! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Check it out at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=44748

We used these boards so much as our guide to choices in the Mediterranean. Thank you to all who post here and share their experiences. It really helps others to plan and know what's good and what to avoid.

Thanks for the great review, it sounds like it was a wonderful trip! We shared the trip with our married children last year and are going back again this October to celebrate our 25th with friends. :)

Quiltingmom, Do You Have A Website To The Tour Company You Used In Italy? Sounds Wonderful!

Thanks,

Tammy

benvenutolimos dot com

We had a wonderful experience with them. They were so responsive to our needs, tailoring the tours to what was important to us. Have a great trip!

We don't have anything concrete planned for Sicily and I am interested in the walking tour - did you find it to be really good?

Thanks,

mary

Hi, Mary. We found the walking tour to be a great way to finish an exhausting week. We rested most of the day then met Gabriele at 3pm and walked through the neighborhoods and hit the major sites and churches, government buildings, markets, like a living history lesson. Palermo has a fascinating history of so many cultures and governments. The people in Palermo are not used to the cruise ships and tourists descending on their city, we felt like we had landed from Mars at first, when we walked down the streets! The drivers are madmen, no rules or laws whatsoever, there are many aggressive men hawking tours and selling sunglasses and flea market junk, and there is a lot of garbage and graffiti everywhere. The walking tour helped us see beyond the negative first impressions to a city trying to improve its quality of life. Investors are now starting to put money into condos and hotels and cleaning up the messes. I'd love to go back and see the improvements in a few years. It's a very interesting place if you go beyond the first few blocks around the port. Gabriele has other tours available on his website. We were supposed to visit a private palace at the end of our walk to have a tour and aperitifs, but there was a scheduling error and that fell through. Nevertheless, we had a great time! Have a wonderful trip!

quiltingmom,

You mention starting your tour late in the afternoon - was there a reason for this with the tour company? We are morning people and like to get going early!

thanks,

mary

You can choose the time of your tour. We chose the late hour because our party animals wanted to sleep in after getting up early every day for the other tours. ;-)

You can also choose a tour in a car if you don't want to walk. We covered a lot of ground in almost 3 hours, but it's not for everyone. It was very hot also.

I got up early and took a taxi on my own to the Capuchin Monastery Crypt. http://members.tripod.com/~Motomom/index-3.html

No one else in my family wanted to see this, but I was interested. Kinda ghoulish, looking at hundreds of mummified bodies from the 1800's. 20 minutes was enough time there, satisfied my curiosity, but I got ripped off by the cabbie and paid 35E round trip, way too much!

Archived