Constellation Shuttles

Maizy

Hi,

DH and I will be on the 14 day Baltic cruise from Harwich leaving on August 16. Have read various posts about shuttle bus transportation at various stops and am still confused.

Am wondering at which ports Celebrity offers this service. :confused: To where is one shuttled? The charge seems to be $5 - 6 each way.

Am especially interested in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Talinn and Riga.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maryann

Hi,

DH and I will be on the 14 day Baltic cruise from Harwich leaving on August 16. Have read various posts about shuttle bus transportation at various stops and am still confused.

Am wondering at which ports Celebrity offers this service. :confused: To where is one shuttled? The charge seems to be $5 - 6 each way.

Am especially interested in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Talinn and Riga.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maryann

The charge is actually $12 for a full day pass at each port. You can't take the shuttle one way and only pay half. In Copenhagen, you are taken within a block or so of Nyhavn, which is where you can get the harbor boat tours. In Stockholm you are taken to Old Town (Gamla Stan.) In Helsinki, you are taken to Market Square. In Tallinn you are taken to the entrance of the Medieval part of town. Our cruise didn't go to Riga, so I don't know about there. We didn't take the shuttle, but there are certainly alternatives to using the Cruise shuttles. The one advantage to the cruise shuttle is that you don't have to worry about finding your way to the bus. The shuttle buses are right at the pier and very easy to just get on and off the bus. In my opinion however, you can do much better with other alternatives. In Copenhagen you can take the #26 bus which stops right by the port and goes right into town. In Stockholm you can board the hop on and hop off boat, which comes right to the end of the pier for 100 Kroner and have unlimited hop on and hop off priviledges taking you to more than just Gamla stan. In Helsinki, you can buy a one day bus pass for 6 Euros and take the #16 bus a block from the pier right to the Market Square, and then can use all the buses, trams and a ferry included in that pass. Tallinn is a 15 minute walk from the ship. Walking in Tallinn requires walking on cobblestones, and if you have a problem walking the 15 minutes, you may have even more problems wandering through the Medieval part of the city.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Archived