Pool Question

ginaboy

I asked this on another board but I am still confused. My son is 2 1/2 and not potty trained. I understand the rule is no swimmie diapers in the pool so I purchased rubber pants. I thought I would put both on him under his bathing suit but now I understand neither is acceptable. So is he not allowed in the pool or is there something I am missing? Thoughts/suggestions?!:confused:

I asked this on another board but I am still confused. My son is 2 1/2 and not potty trained. I understand the rule is no swimmie diapers in the pool so I purchased rubber pants. I thought I would put both on him under his bathing suit but now I understand neither is acceptable. So is he not allowed in the pool or is there something I am missing? Thoughts/suggestions?!:confused:

Children who are not potty-trained are NOT allowed in the pools regardless of what they wear. It is a health hazard. Do everyone a favor and don't "sneak" him in. Everyone's health is at risk when you do. Not to mention the embarassment when the pool attendant asks you to remove the child....or if the kid has an accident and fecal matter is in the pool. That requires emptying the pool and complete sanitation...which would close the pool down for at least a day..maybe more.

This, from their website:

Are there any pool regulations?

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

Children who are not potty-trained are NOT allowed in the pools regardless of what they wear. It is a health hazard. Do everyone a favor and don't "sneak" him in. Everyone's health is at risk when you do. Not to mention the embarassment when the pool attendant asks you to remove the child....or if the kid has an accident and fecal matter is in the pool. That requires emptying the pool and complete sanitation...which would close the pool down for at least a day..maybe more.

This' date=' from their website:

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

Wow....that was quite rude! I said I was going to sneak him in when??? Please do not assume I was because I was just asking if I was missing something.....I would never put anyones health at risk.

but people try to do it...all the time. saw one family holding their baby in the hot tub, when no one was looking they would sit him down in the water.

the pools on the ship have different codes then pools at home, they don't use all the chemicals that public pools use. many of the pools, on ships, are salt water.

the board on family cruising usually has tips on bringing blow up pools, how to fill them and where to empty them.

but, no, if not potty trained...no pools. one of the newer NCL ships have a baby area, a wading area with fresh water being pumped in.

even the regular kids pools, the kids have to be potty trained.

check out the family cruising boards for more information about potty training vs using the pools.

You've basically answered your own question - but to confirm. Even with rubber pants there can be leakage - so if the child is not potty trained they will not allow him in the pool with "swimmies" (as they leak as well) NCL's web page is not really as clear as it should be.

I have read where it has been allowed (swimmies) in the childrens pool - so if I were you I would take some and see if the crew on the ship allows it. Can't hurt - but don't be disappointed if they say no.

Edit: Just saw Toys reply - so that must be where I read it - the newer ship with the kiddies pool for toddlers & swimmies.

While the above poster did "twist" your words, what he is saying is true about why they don't allow non-potty trained kids in the pools. There is no way to contain the contents in a swimmie or a swimmie covered with rubber pants. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean that the bacteria couldn't get in the pool. Some people would just put their child or children in a bathing suit and "let em go". They are usually the same people who just walk away when the accident happens and not tell anyone.

So probably the best tip is to bring the blow up pool and keep talking up the idea that only potty trained kids go in the pools on the ship. I know it is stressful (mine was 3 1/2), but my best advice that I learned way too late, don't make it an issue. It will just stress both of you out. Just keep planting the idea that to get in the ship pools, you have to be in big kid pants and go in the potty no ifs, and or butts.....LOL sorry, I know that was really lame..... Hey, you never know what the magic key will be that helps your child be potty trained.

Good luck!

I understand the rule is no swimmie diapers in the pool so I purchased rubber pants. I thought I would put both on him under his bathing suit but now I understand neither is acceptable. So is he not allowed in the pool or is there something I am missing? Thoughts/suggestions?!:confused:

You understand the rule "no swimmie diapers" and yet you say you'd try to cover them up with rubber pants?

By posting this, you are stating that you would be willing to break the rule you say you understand.

Then you call G'ma rude for inferring that you might sneak the little one in the pool? When you state your willingness to work around the rules, one can logically infer that you might actually do it.

Here's what you are missing: Children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool, period.

You understand the rule "no swimmie diapers" and yet you say you'd try to cover them up with rubber pants?

By posting this, you are stating that you would be willing to break the rule you say you understand.

Then you call G'ma rude for inferring that you might sneak the little one in the pool? When you state your willingness to work around the rules, one can logically infer that you might actually do it.

Here's what you are missing: Children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool, period.

Exactly what I was thinking... Great post!

Just got back from the Spirit and I think the staff there should be told of the rules because there were a ton of kids in the pool with swimmie diapers on and no one said a thing......yuck!! If I would've known I would've definitely said something. Thanks for making me aware of this, now I know for next time.

This' date=' from their website:

While the above poster did "twist" your words, what he is saying is true about why they don't allow non-potty trained kids in the pools. There is no way to contain the contents in a swimmie or a swimmie covered with rubber pants. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean that the bacteria couldn't get in the pool. Some people would just put their child or children in a bathing suit and "let em go". They are usually the same people who just walk away when the accident happens and not tell anyone.

So probably the best tip is to bring the blow up pool and keep talking up the idea that only potty trained kids go in the pools on the ship. I know it is stressful (mine was 3 1/2), but my best advice that I learned way too late, don't make it an issue. It will just stress both of you out. Just keep planting the idea that to get in the ship pools, you have to be in big kid pants and go in the potty no ifs, and or butts.....LOL sorry, I know that was really lame..... Hey, you never know what the magic key will be that helps your child be potty trained.

Good luck!

Hey you never know...crazier things have happened!!!!

UH...NOOOOO!!!!! I was under the impression that rubber pants were permitted....I thought as everyone else that they would leak so I would put a swimmie diaper under that....not realizing I was breaking any rules b/c like I said I thought I read somewhere rubber pants were allowed. Really not a big deal....we have a huge pool in our yard that he can go into anytime....1 week w/ no swimming in the pool will not kill him. If it becomes an issue I will fill up my tub in my room for him. Really....I do not look for trouble and follow the rules. I just know I would not put him in my pool w/ just a rubber pant.....thought I was missing something!!!!!! Like I said...I was confused....no biggie!!!!!

I posted a full reply on this but don't see it; I'll try again. Swimming diapers and rubber pants don't do the trick. These children should not get in the pool with other children. Bring your own small, inflatable pool and have them sit in that. It is a very bad disease.

You know what's really funny about the previous posts?? The BACTERIA that is deadly (see posts on Crypto) comes from #2 NOT #1 and the swimmie diapers with the rubber pants WILL hold that in. What the diapers do NOT hold in is peepee and I'll bet as many adults as kids have leaked that into public pools the world over!!!

You know what's really funny about the previous posts?? The BACTERIA that is deadly (see posts on Crypto) comes from #2 NOT #1 and the swimmie diapers with the rubber pants WILL hold that in. What the diapers do NOT hold in is peepee and I'll bet as many adults as kids have leaked that into public pools the world over!!!

That's not what they have reported. It's caused by a bowel disease. I'll try again...a little girl died today from it!

You are right, it's not peepee, it IS poop. And diapers and rubber pants still do not hold it in. I know you want your child to be happy and safe.

Safety Coordinator!:)

You know what's really funny about the previous posts?? What the diapers do NOT hold in is peepee and I'll bet as many adults as kids have leaked that into public pools the world over!!!

AMEN!!!! My thoughts exactly........and if we are on the subject of bacteria and things that cause sickness they should monitor people washing hands after using the restrooms and then getting on buffet lines, nonpedicured feet w/ fungus growing on toenails, athlete's feet walking barefoot on rugs, people scratching, picking, etc. and touching railings....the list can go on and on! Whatever...the rules are the rules. I am sure he will still have a great time!

You know what's really funny about the previous posts?? What the diapers do NOT hold in is peepee and I'll bet as many adults as kids have leaked that into public pools the world over!!!

AMEN!!!! My thoughts exactly........and if we are on the subject of bacteria and things that cause sickness they should monitor people not washing hands after using the restrooms and then getting on buffet lines, nonpedicured feet w/ fungus growing on toenails, athlete's feet walking barefoot on rugs, people scratching, picking, etc. and touching railings....the list can go on and on! Whatever...the rules are the rules. I am sure he will still have a great time!

You need to be careful, it was NOT the previous post. Other people will be posting as you do.

Geeze...for the couple of posters who were extremely rude, give ginaboy a break. My goodness. First of all, noone implied that she was going to sneak him in so there's no reason for her to "do herself a favor." And secondly, she is not being contradictory to the fact of asking about rubber pants being put on over the swimmies. She is not trying to imply that she would break the rule. She thought, like I also thought that rubber pants would suffice OVER the swimmies. Noone's trying to be sneaky about this...just curious that's all. Wow, people can't ask innocent questions around here sometimes. Geesh.

Anyway, I'm extremely surprised to hear that swimmies and rubber pants are not allowed in the baby/kid pool (T Rex pool) on the Dawn. I guess I need to put my foot down for my 3 3/4 yr. old and do the "naked boot camp" to have her finish off her potty training at home, so she can go in the pool. That would not fly at all if she can't go in the pool.

It amazes me how people mention about the bacteria to this and the bacteria to that....but have people ever stopped to wonder about how many adults are out there that act like babies and pee in the adult pools. Or even young grade school kids who are more than likely peeing in the pools as well (you know, they are having too much fun to stop to the bathroom). Or how many adults I"ve seen sneezing then picking up food from the buffet with that same hand, or walking around w/ funky bacteria-growth infected feet and toes on the carpeting....I can just go on and on. So open up your eyes everyone as there's more bacteria floating around than just the baby pools.

Anyway, if that's what the rules are....that's what they are. I will call NCL just to confirm it, and if that be the case I have 22 days to finish off my almost 4 yr. old to potty train so she can go in the baby pool.

AMEN!!!! My thoughts exactly........and if we are on the subject of bacteria and things that cause sickness they should monitor people not washing hands after using the restrooms and then getting on buffet lines, nonpedicured feet w/ fungus growing on toenails, athlete's feet walking barefoot on rugs, people scratching, picking, etc. and touching railings....the list can go on and on! Whatever...the rules are the rules. I am sure he will still have a great time!

Can I just say to all of you that are in my opinion are being very rude and unhelpful to ginaboy the above that she writes is a lot more deadly than wee wee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be truthful with you if I saw all the children in the swimming pool with swimmers on I would feel more comfortable, the reason being, are you all going to tell me you that have children that not one of them will pee in the pool..............

I can say that I would trust them can you.

My last point, sorry to go on but this has really bugged me.....

This is supose to be a place where people can come and ask questions, if people are going to be rude then you should NOT be on here.

Ginaboy

I am taking a paddling pool for my son, I will be filling it up at the showers and then on our stops we will visit the beach so that he has fun in the water too.

Geeze...for the couple of posters who were extremely rude, give ginaboy a break. My goodness. First of all, noone implied that she was going to sneak him in so there's no reason for her to "do herself a favor." And secondly, she is not being contradictory to the fact of asking about rubber pants being put on over the swimmies. She is not trying to imply that she would break the rule. She thought, like I also thought that rubber pants would suffice OVER the swimmies. Noone's trying to be sneaky about this...just curious that's all. Wow, people can't ask innocent questions around here sometimes. Geesh.

Anyway, I'm extremely surprised to hear that swimmies and rubber pants are not allowed in the baby/kid pool (T Rex pool) on the Dawn. I guess I need to put my foot down for my 3 3/4 yr. old and do the "naked boot camp" to have her finish off her potty training at home, so she can go in the pool. That would not fly at all if she can't go in the pool.

It amazes me how people mention about the bacteria to this and the bacteria to that....but have people ever stopped to wonder about how many adults are out there that act like babies and pee in the adult pools. Or even young grade school kids who are more than likely peeing in the pools as well (you know, they are having too much fun to stop to the bathroom). Or how many adults I"ve seen sneezing then picking up food from the buffet with that same hand, or walking around w/ funky bacteria-growth infected feet and toes on the carpeting....I can just go on and on. So open up your eyes everyone as there's more bacteria floating around than just the baby pools.

Anyway, if that's what the rules are....that's what they are. I will call NCL just to confirm it, and if that be the case I have 22 days to finish off my almost 4 yr. old to potty train so she can go in the baby pool.

What can I say I can not have agreed with you any more...

Did I completely miss something???????

Where did the OP suggest that she wanted to break the rules???

She was simply asking for clarification of the rule BEFORE she cruised to avoid confusion while on vacation.

The private swim club I belong to, like many others, now requires babies to wear approved rubber pants over their swim diapers for double protection. And while I know this is not the case on NCL, the OP is new to these boards and possibly to NCL and was just asking for confirmation of what the rule was.

To the OP: My DD was a little over 2 on our last cruise and despite not being able to use the pools on the ship, she had a BLAST! She really enjoyed the kid's crew! We brought an inflatable pool this time, but never needed to use it! There was so many other things for her to do on the ship and in the ports.

Have a GREAT cruise:D

Archived