Freaking out about priceline hotel in Miami Deauville Resort HELP PLEASE

Rachelleh

Hello everyone:

OK, booked with priceline, went for 4*, but got 3* good price, I always assume, one night precruise won't arrive until about 3:00pm - 3* pool, resturant, beach - how bad can it be and at a great price. Website for the property looks great.

WELL, now I am reading absolutely awful reviews about the property we are booked in, 2 connecting rooms 3kids, 2 parents.

Anyone who has stayed at the Deauville Resort on Miami Beach, Please give me some feedback. I am reading about, rooms with furniture falling apart, bugs, hair in the linens, need I say more, although unfortunately I could from the reviews.

Kids and husband don't seem to care, again one night, beach - pool, how bad can it be - me very concerned. Even considering getting other hotel rooms and losing the money paid to priceline.

Any reviews or help with this property would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Sailing 11/27/04.

I had the exact same thing happen to me recently (different hotel though) and after sweating it out and worrying for months beforehand about the awful reviews, we finally arrived at our hotel and were very pleasantly surprised to find our experience to be the exact opposite of all the reviews I had read! We had a great time and no complaints at all! So, my point is, don't sweat it! It's only one night and I bet it won't be nearly as bad as the reviews said. For every bad experience, there are always a few goods ones! ;)

Yes, they got me too, and I had booked 3 rooms. I bid $60 for a room on the beach at a resort and I got the Deauville for the night after Thanksgiving. I've never had a bad experience on Priceline, but after reading the reviews, this time I chickened out. I just wasn't comfortable taking my elderly parents there, so I bid again, less money, and ended up at the Hyatt Regency near the port. I bid on a 3 star in downtown Miami. Even with double booking, I am still way better off than if I'd booked w/ the Hyatt directly so I can't complain too much. I'm sure the Deauville can't be that bad...or it wouldn't have the high rating from Priceline it does. I would not have changed if I didn't have my parents with me. It is only one night.

Rachelleh, what ship are you cruising on on the 27th? I'm due out on the Voyager 11/27. If you are on the VOS, be sure to check out our thread. We've been talking there for almost 6 months now and have a pretty good group of people.

Anyway, I thought it might help to know they got me too! Good luck, and when you get back, how about letting us know what your assessment was? Thanks!

You have to remember that people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive ones. I am not saying that the Deauville is bad or good, but people are more likely to write about a negative experience because it allows them to vent, and gain some measure of revenge....err....satisfaction.

I used priceline in Fort Lauderdale, and got the Mariott. In Boston, I got the Swissotel downtown. If you use priceline, you should know what could happen going in. I recommend http://www.biddingfortravel.com, because they explain EVERYTHING - especially the pros and cons - of using priceline.

Now, for my next cruise, we are staying one night in NYC. There is no way I would trust priceline with the wide variety within "star" levels and locations there. It would be OK if it was just me, but I'll have the in-laws along as well. So, I booked with the W Hotel - Tuscany direct.

Bill

Bill

• 8 months later...

Ya know, while I cannot comment on this particular hotel, I will say all of the problems you have mentioned are not uncommon anywhere. I travel on business alot and get the chance to stay at some very nice 4 and 5 star hotels (Mandarin's, Ritz's, W, etc.... ) I have experienced all of the same problems as those. (Found a used condom in my fresh linens at the Omni in San Diego, thank god my wife didn't try a surprise visit on that trip, I might be divorced now :) )) Fortunately the staff is generally willing to remedy the problem within a few minutes to hours. Hopefully this place will be the same way, but either way it's just for a night.

So tell me, how did the hotel end up?

Hello everyone:

OK, booked with priceline, went for 4*, but got 3* good price, I always assume, one night precruise won't arrive until about 3:00pm - 3* pool, resturant, beach - how bad can it be and at a great price. Website for the property looks great.

WELL, now I am reading absolutely awful reviews about the property we are booked in, 2 connecting rooms 3kids, 2 parents.

Anyone who has stayed at the Deauville Resort on Miami Beach, Please give me some feedback. I am reading about, rooms with furniture falling apart, bugs, hair in the linens, need I say more, although unfortunately I could from the reviews.

Kids and husband don't seem to care, again one night, beach - pool, how bad can it be - me very concerned. Even considering getting other hotel rooms and losing the money paid to priceline.

Any reviews or help with this property would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Sailing 11/27/04.

Archived