Beverage Question for the Star

mamamarmot

We're first time cruisers (2/14, Mexican Riviera) and I'm just besides myself with the planning, research, etc- I'm having a blast!

We're not really soda drinkers, and I really don't want my dd(7) having soda as her main beverage. I'll probably buy a coffee card as I've surmised the free coffee leaves a bit to be desired:rolleyes: . What drinks are available throughout the day that don't require an additional purchase?

We're first time cruisers (2/14, Mexican Riviera) and I'm just besides myself with the planning, research, etc- I'm having a blast!

We're not really soda drinkers, and I really don't want my dd(7) having soda as her main beverage. I'll probably buy a coffee card as I've surmised the free coffee leaves a bit to be desired:rolleyes: . What drinks are available throughout the day that don't require an additional purchase?

You can get Iced Tea but only in the buffet area and blue lagoon all day but you have to get it yourself as it is selfserve. Have fun Loved the Star and Mexico Riviera. Keep in mind it gets very hot there. Loved Cabo you can keep Alcopuco very dirty

Have fun Loved the Star and Mexico Riviera. Keep in mind it gets very hot there. Loved Cabo you can keep Alcopuco very dirty

Thanks for the drink info. If you buy the soda card, is it not selfserve? Does the soda card include things like lemonade, juices and bottled water?

As far as it getting hot, what is the weather like in February?

when we were on the star in '06, (not to mexico) the blue lagoon has a self-serve area..coffee, ice tea, water (not bottled), ice and some juices/milk (at times)

the buffet had all of those items during meals. between meals water and ice tea were usually available. also, room service.

don't order the bottled water, the tap water is great...take a sippy bottle and refill with ice/water when you need it. you can take those flavor packets and make your own lemonade, if you want.

we take our pepsi, keep it in the frig...get juice in the morning and store some for later, in the frig.

we don't drink coffee, we used the coffee maker (in the cabin) for hot chocolate (packets in the blue lagoon and buffet area)

Soda is never self-serve, but lemonade, ice water (not bottled), juice (certain times), hot and iced tea, and coffee are self-serve in the buffets. In the restaurants and other venues, almost all beverages are ordered and delivered. Bottled water in not included in the soda package.

beachchick

Hello,

I have a roll call started on the roll call. Go there and look for 2/14/2009 NCL Star Mexican Riviera. So for there is dh, myself and another couple with their boys going. Looking forward to chatting with you.

We aren't soda drinkers either. Brought water bottle and filled with ice and water from the tap. The water is good on the ship.

Bosslady

We're sailing the Star 1/3/09. We did Royal Caribbean last year and found you could get water, lemonade, tea, milk, coffee all day long. We don't drink soft drinks so didn't buy the card. The water tasted great from the tap. I'm looking forward to doing the cruise again and seeing more of Mazatlan and PV. We will probably hang on the ship during the Cabo. Anyone else happen here going 1/3/09 please go to roll call. There's one started but not very active yet and it would be nice to have a meet and greet. I was seasick during the last meet and greet :( I'm planning on being prepared this time.

Archived