One last question about BB aft cabins on Grand

Tania

There are six of these cabins.

While speaking to a Princess rep, I was told that apparently the Caribe balconies are much larger than the Dolphin and Emerald ones which are only 8 x 5.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is there a glitch in the computer?

Thanks again!

I have to be honest here!! It won't help you!! I wish I could. I checked into aft BB's once and was told they were all the same size. I will say though, that they are prime property, and to be able to sit out there looking aft, and hearing the wake!!! And watching the stars, I wouldn't care if it was stamp size!! Just awesome!!! :)

Tania, I'll try to help. I know I've posted my C752 pics for you in the past, but in case you didn't see them, here they are:

http://community.webshots.com/album/102025550UlWCMW

I would guess that the balcony was about 9x9, I thought someone else had posted before we went that it was 9x10, I didn't measure. You can look at it and see it's pretty much a square (although slightly curved) balcony. These are some pics I found of cabin D740 on the Diamond:

http://community.webshots.com/album/145352599UIYlny/1

It looks like the balcony is a little longer and narrower, and has that support beam in the middle of it almost dividing it into 2 rooms. I can't tell the measurements from the pics, but maybe it will give you an idea! Be sure to look in these pics only at the ones from the BB, they also have some minisuite pics in there too. Obviously different Grand class ships will have some differences, but this is a pic of the Grand aft, which also shows those supports in those D & E deck cabins:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60927298/60929184YYePcN

Personally, I'd always go for the corners instead simply for the side view as well. It made the balcony seem so big because it was effectively completely open on 2 sides, instead of just in front. But I'd still take one of the others if those weren't available. I'd be hesitant about the Emerald deck ones though, just because of problems I've heard with noise from the club/showroom below. Seems like half of posts say there's no noise, the other half say the noise was noticeable. If there was any, I know it would bother me, so I wouldn't book one of those rooms.

Archived