Rate the coffee on the Sun

SailingSuzy

What is the quality of the coffee on the Sun? My husband is a real connoisseur and we are considering bring a french press or small expresso machine. I hate having to get out of bed and dress just to go get a cup of coffee. Is the room service coffee good??

We like good coffee too. I am not a complainer, but if there was one thing that I didn't feel was quite up to standard last year, it was the room service coffee. In my opinion it was tolerable, but that is about it.

My husband and I are coffee connoisseurs also. BRING THE FRENCH PRESS, we do! I take it because it's small, light, and easy to clean. They do offer espresso in some of the restaurants which, depending on the barista, was good.

Being Brazilian, perhaps I set the bar too high when evaluating North American coffee, but I have very particular ideas about what good coffee should taste like. The NCL ships on which I've sailed serve coffee a bit on the weak side, though it may be absolutely perfect for the typical cruiser from Indiana. The in-room coffee is on a par with Maxwell House. Room-service coffee was a bit better, but often luke-warm. I usually found the best coffee in the premium dining rooms where, on one occasion, the wonderful people at Cagney's even brewed a pot of extra-strong coffee for our table.

Archived