Scenic drives from Halifax?

We will be in Halifax on Oct 9th. We have 9 hours in port and I would like to rent a car and do a scenic drive where we can see a lot of the beautiful countryside. I would like to have a whole day tour, a 6 to 7 hours drive.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

We will be in Halifax on Oct 9th. We have 9 hours in port and I would like to rent a car and do a scenic drive where we can see a lot of the beautiful countryside. I would like to have a whole day tour, a 6 to 7 hours drive.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

With the amount of time you have I would recommend to head south along the coast towards Peggy's Cove and then onwards towards Lunenburg. If you stay along the coast the scenery is very nice.

With the amount of time you have I would recommend to head south along the coast towards Peggy's Cove and then onwards towards Lunenburg. If you stay along the coast the scenery is very nice.

Okay, thanks. How far would you drive? Is there anything else interesting further south than Lunenburg?

Okay, thanks. How far would you drive? Is there anything else interesting further south than Lunenburg?

You probably won't have time to go much farther if you are following the coast. There are several places to stop such as Peggy's Cove, Chester, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg. Lunenburg is a designated a World Hertiage site. Also, the drive around St. Margaret's Bay is quite nice.

Depending on how much you stop this drive would take you about 1.5-3.5 hours one way. You could take Highway 103 back to save some time but it is not a "scenic" drive; just a highway/interstate/motorway(?). The drive from Luneburg this way would be about 1 hour. If you had the time you could just simply keep driving along the coast.

Archived