beds, pillows, etc

Hi,

I was reading another one of the boards and there was a lot of discussion about taking your own pillows versus just asking for a different pillow until you get one you like. There was also talk about asking for an eggshell overlay if the bed isn't comfortable enough. Is it like that on Pacific Sun? Can you ask for a new pillow? Or an eggshell overlay? Are the beds comfortable? Should we take pillows from home? I would really appreciate some advice from experienced cruisers. Thanks.

Hi,

I was reading another one of the boards and there was a lot of discussion about taking your own pillows versus just asking for a different pillow until you get one you like. There was also talk about asking for an eggshell overlay if the bed isn't comfortable enough. Is it like that on Pacific Sun? Can you ask for a new pillow? Or an eggshell overlay? Are the beds comfortable? Should we take pillows from home? I would really appreciate some advice from experienced cruisers. Thanks.

Hi there, as far as I am aware the eggshell overlay is available on Princess,( have had them and they really do improve a hard mattress)

but not on Pacific Sun..

you can ask for another pillow, but I doubt very much they would "keep giving until you found one you like"

the beds on the Sun I have always found alright, I suppose it depends on what you are used to sleeping on.

if you used your own pillow from home I would check what it was made from as there are certain things you cannot bring back into the country.

(like, if it had feathers)

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

The beds of Pacific Sun are very comfortable. We had four pillows (for 2 people) and I am sure we could have asked our steward for another pillow or two if we didn't like them. They were of varying softness etc. I wouldn't bother about taking my own pillow. I am sure you will get one you like even if you have to try a couple. Just smile sweetly to your cabin steward.:):)

I travel with a feather pillow and have taken it to many countrys. I checked with immagration and there are not restrictions on commercially made feather pillow.

That's right Jan. We had a headband decorated with feathers. After examining it to make sure there was no flesh or anything adhering to the quills, it was OKd. I am sure that feathers in pillows will have been steamed cleaned.:):)

I travel with a feather pillow and have taken it to many countrys. I checked with immagration and there are not restrictions on commercially made feather pillow.

Hi Jan, then we have had the quarantine inspectors from h.ll.

I will tell them next time what you have been told by "immigration".

thank you.

GOOD TO HEAR Thanks.We were watching the dvd the other night and i said "gosh the beds look narrow" and then she told me to stop looking worried as she was twice the size of me :rolleyes:

Hi,

I think the beds would be a normal single (3 feet wide) and when put together they make a good size queen bed. I'm sure, even if your sister is twice the size of you:D, that you will both be OK.

Hi there, as far as I am aware the eggshell overlay is available on Princess,( have had them and they really do improve a hard mattress)

but not on Pacific Sun..

you can ask for another pillow, but I doubt very much they would "keep giving until you found one you like"

the beds on the Sun I have always found alright, I suppose it depends on what you are used to sleeping on.

if you used your own pillow from home I would check what it was made from as there are certain things you cannot bring back into the country.

(like, if it had feathers)

What are the beds like on Dawn?? I know they have doona's instead of blankets.. Which leads to a question from Mum - do they also have 'top' sheets??? If she gets too warm and wants to throw off the doona, she likes to have a sheet to cover her.

What are the beds like on Dawn?? I know they have doona's instead of blankets.. Which leads to a question from Mum - do they also have 'top' sheets??? If she gets too warm and wants to throw off the doona, she likes to have a sheet to cover her.

Hi Kym, no top sheet just bottom sheet and Doona, but they are quite good.(I am sure the cabin steward would put a top sheet on if your mum requested one.)

we found the beds firmer than we have at home, but not back breaking...

time is getting closer.....

Hi Kym, no top sheet just bottom sheet and Doona, but they are quite good.(I am sure the cabin steward would put a top sheet on if your mum requested one.)

we found the beds firmer than we have at home, but not back breaking...

time is getting closer.....

Thanks Lorraine, I'll let Mum know.

It's not close enough, if today is any indication of what work's going to be like for the next 5 weeks!

Archived