Driving from Long Island to pier in NYC

LuvTheSea14

The cost of limos and vans to take us to the pier in NYC from Suffolk County has gotten very high. They want over $400.00 We are considering driving to the pier with our GPS or mapquest directions and parking at the pier. Is this a good idea? Anyone do this? Thanks as always for help!

Manhattan right??

We have several times-from LI to the pier..

and also have taken the LIRR and then a cab to the port.. Either way is fine..

BUT

Depending on what day of the week you need to be at the port, the traffic in the city can be horrendous.. and if there is a street fair, forget it!

If you are not taking a lot of luggage I would suggest the LIRR to Penn

Last time we drove in, in May-we were getting dropped off.. we thought its a saturday.. early there should be no traffic..>WRONG... there were street fairs all over and it took us well over two hours from Exit 56!!!!

These links will help with costs and the New Yorkled can tell you if there are any fairs going on...

http://www.newyorkled.com/

http://www.nycruise.com/terminalNYC.html

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

I drive myself to the pier in NYC all of the time. It is actually very easy to find. The only draw back is that depending on the day of the week and how many ships are in port you could hit a lot of traffic. Just make sure you leave yourself plenty time. I agree the cost of having a car drop you off at the pier has gotten out of hand. Have a great cruise.

We have driven in to the pier from Suffolk county and didn't have any major problems, once there was a street fair but we went around it, midtown tunnel can be a pain, byt then again so can the LIE on any given day. The only reason I won't be parking at the pier is the rate I really don't want to spend 240 to park. I can drive in say good bye and let dad take my car back to his place then he will come in when we get back and hop a train home

The cost of limos and vans to take us to the pier in NYC from Suffolk County has gotten very high. They want over $400.00 We are considering driving to the pier with our GPS or mapquest directions and parking at the pier. Is this a good idea? Anyone do this? Thanks as always for help!

I have driven to and parked my car at both the Brooklyn and Manhattan cruise terminals and it is very easy and is very convenient. Do not worry just give yourself extra time in case you hit traffic.

Archived