Favorite Cruise?

Cruise2Golf

For shipboard experience, nothing beats the very first cruise, on Century 1999, before her make-over. All our hopes for cruising were fulfilled beyond our expectations. We were hooked. While all our cruises...except one....were wonderful, the first one (as is often the case with anything) was special.:cool:

For itinerary, I think, the Baltic, on Constellation, 2006. Wow!:D

It is actually easier to do the worst cruise. Millennium, American and Mexican spring break:eek:2002. Who knew? The ship was full of kids from preschool to teenagers. Couldn't escape them. Added to the mix were the immigration people after 9/11, 2001. We non-Americans were forced to sit for hours literally up in the Disco, while each passenger who wanted to leave the ship in any American port (San Juan and Fort Lauderdale) for either an excursion or disembarkation was checked out.

I would have to say an end-of-the-summer six day repositioning cruise on Infinity that went from Vancouver to San Francisco. The cruise was very nice. The ports were OK. The food was good, etc. etc. etc.

But because of Cruise Critic we met the best bunch of people ever---the Martini Mates. Our best friends were (and still are) on that thread. We still hear from many of them on a daily basis and have cruised and will cruise with many of them again.

We have had other cruises where the itinerary was better (Exotic Med on Galaxy), that were more exciting (the canal) we had other cruises where the views were better, (Alaska on Infinity) But for us, cruising is about the people. And I myself can't thank Cruise Critic enough for giving us this forum where we can meet the kind of folks who post on these threads.

My favorite was the 12 day cruise to the Mediterranean on Celebrity Summit June 2008 because the views were absolutely awe inspiring.

I agree ... we did the 12 day itinerary on Millennium in the Med in Sept. '05. I could not have asked for a better cruise ... great ship, enjoyed all of the ports and weather was just about perfect. DH's favorite was Xpedition.

Sorry to say that none of my favorite cruises have been on Celebrity ships only because we will be making our first voyage with them next spring. Two equally favorite cruises were the Baltic in '05 w/Princess and the Med. w/Renaissance (their ships are now owned by several other lines) about 10 yrs. ago. That itinerary started in Athens taking us for 2 days to the Holy Land plus a # of other eastern Med. ports ending in Istanbul.

Archived