Sleeping arrangments on Inspiration - Help

heathercruisin

My family is in the midst of planning a November cruise on the Inspiration. My parents are coming, so they will be in one room, but the rest I need help with. Me and my husband and 2 year old daugher would be in another room (my daughter usually sleeps with us), and my sister (in her 40's) is coming too. We would like her to stay with us (to save on the cost). Problem is that she is handicap, and would not be able to climb up into a bunk bed. Are there any rooms that have a 3rd bed on the ground level, like a murphy bed - or is there enough room to bring in a cot? Anyone have any other ideas?

Lots of rooms have fold out sofa beds, at least many of the verandah cabins do. ( Certainly the verandah rooms that hold four people usually have a sofa bed and a upper berth. ) I'm sure the cruise line booking representative can arrange to book you into a cabin that has the sofa bed.

Wondering if your sister uses a wheel chair? It may be more difficult to find what you're looking for in a handicapped accessible room.

Edited to say, OOps ! Forget that. Sorry, this is not going to be much help after all. That particular class of ships have very few rooms with the convertible sofa (and those are more expensive). Your best bet is to talk directly with the cruise line booking rep. to see what is available. Good luck.

Can your sister walk at all? If not, there is no way that she will be able to be in a standard cabin. There is a step up into the bathroom, the toilet is low; the door to the room will probably not be wide enough to allow her wheelchair through. I would definitely look into a handicap cabin for her.....and those usually only hold two people.

We were just on the Inspiration in July and had 4 people ( 2 adults, 2 kids ) in an OV room on the Main deck. The way we had our room configured was with the two beds together to have one King size bed and the upper berth on the other side of the room. We did have the option of having the room steward bring us in a cot but we opted not to do that due to limited space ( I was too claustrophobic!). I slept in the upper bed most of the time and my husband and two kids slept on the bed.

You can easily have the two beds set up separately and have a cot for your daughter. Just keep in mind the upper berths have a weight limit of 250lbs( i think ). That is why I slept in the upper and not dh.

I agree with the other posts, contact your PVP or TA and I am sure you will get something that will work.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Bindy, if you had the cot brought in, where would it have been put - right up against the other 2 beds?

The upper berth would not work for us - my husband is almost 300lbs, and if I slept up there, then that would leave my sister and husband together - NOT going to happen !:eek:

We were on the Inspiration in March. We had three kids (two of them teens) in a room. The single beds were in a U-shape. Two of the beds sat at a normal "bed" height, making an "L" shape (both singles) and the third was on the floor (to finish out the U-shape). All three kids said they were extremely comfortable. This was a 4C room - as basic as you could get - I believe either cabin U91 or U95.

Looking at the deck plans for the Inspiration, the only staterooms that have convertible sofas are the suites. All other OV or Inside cabins that sleep three of four have upper berths. You might be able to get a rollaway brought in for your sister to sleep on and then you and your husband and daughter sleep in the pushed together king bed. Definitely talk to your TA or PVP.

heathercruisin,

The king size bed is just two twin beds put together. The room steward can pull them apart for you to make two separate twin beds. Then your husband and sister do not have to sleep in the same bed. That configuration will give you more room to have a cot brought in for your daughter. It would leave you in the upper bed. Getting down was a little diffucult but it was very comfortable to sleep in.

Hope this info helps!

On this class of ship, the rooms for 5 have 2 uppers and a rollaway is brought in. For 4 in the room, there is one upper and a roll away is brought in. This is what was explained to us. There is a spot in the room that they put the rollaway and they close it in the morning if you would like. You can have them leave the upper up and just use the roll away and the other 2 beds put together. All the mattresses are the same whether it is a rollaway or regular bed.

Archived