Dinner in Tahiti for one

no1dragn

I am booked on the TP for Aug 05. This trip is a special reward to myself so I am going to love the service on board (I hear that the service is top-notch!), however, it seems to me that to visit a beautiful place like Tahiti and not have a dinner (or the such) or a special night out in the culture that one would be missing 'something'. For those of you who have traveled to Tahiti, can you suggest a 'top-notch' restuarant or ??? for a single traveler to visit. Oh, safe too, please. Any of the islands on the Cook iter. will work. Also, if I have a dinner off the ship and it is a tender stop, how late will the tenders work? Would hate to sleep on the beach on a beautiful island (what!!! am I nuts! of course I would!) Also, when cruising at night, does the ship dim the lights? I am interested in astronomy and astrophysics and would love to see the stars in all their glory. Sorry for all the questions but, gosh, gotta blame it on the excitement! Thanks! Tracy;)

Tracy:

Sorry for the delay in posting . . .

In Papeete, try Le Belvedere. It's mountain top, overlooking the city and Moorea in the distance. They have 2 dinners, sunset and late. Will provide transportation to/from your hotel too. Your hotel can reserve this for you. Great views are found here. Also in Papeete, although they might not be top notch, what's not to be missed for dinner is the local Roulettes. These are mobile resturants that arrive on the dock in front of the ship every night around 6:30. A fun atmosphere, filled with culture and good home cooked food.

In Bora Bora, try Bloody Mary's. It's a small sand floor, tiki hut looking resturant that serves pretty good food and drink. It's the most popular of the resturants on the island so you'll have no trouble finding it. A celebrity spot as well.

Have a great time on your trip. We did and are going back for our second cruise next May.

Archived