Best shore excursions Acopulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo

WoodyStang

DW & I are going on the Spirit out on San Diego next Feb for 30 th anniversary. Just wondering what shore excursions everyone enjoyed on this cruise? thanks

DH and I did the Spirit in 06 we loved the Acapulco beach break.You are in a roped off area seperate from the general population.Free liquor,free food.The beach police keep the sales people out side the ropes they are very easy to barter for a great deal with so don't say no to all of them you might miss out on a great sale.We also went on the side with Edwardo( tatooed on his chest) para sailing for 50.00. I went on his brothers sea doo for an hour ride around the port. We went right up the the ship and I got to drive!!!!

Ixtapa was not that great Manzinillo had great snorkelling.

Hope that helps

It was called the catamaran and snorkel I think the place was called elephant rock.If you book this one bring a box of corn flakes off the ship.The fish love these tasteless morsels.Makes for great underwater pics:D

DW & I are going on the Spirit out on San Diego next Feb for 30 th anniversary. Just wondering what shore excursions everyone enjoyed on this cruise? thanks

Acapulco: Cliff divers (at night, if possible)

Take a tour to Taxco and check out the silver (all day,

but worth it)

Ixtapa: Nothing there but lots of hotels you can visit for free.

The town is just a dusty, sleepy village of sorts

Manzanillo: Beach

IMO, in no párticular order.

1.- White river rafting.- Very exciting, some physical activity required, the scenary is beautiful very professional staff. if you feel you do't wish to paddle you can sit in the back row next to the guide

2.- Shotover Jet.- Fast boat, 360° turns,

3.- Beach Break at a hotel.- R&R, pool, beach, food and drinks.

These will be my personal favorite shore excursions in Acapulco

Having been to Acapulco for 2 weeks I still can't think of much to do. Cliff divers (clavadistas) are good. There is also a nice big park to walk around - Parque Papagayo. You could also buy some silver.

I must admit, I didn't much care for Acapulco - we thought it would be quite exciting - we travelled from UK, and it was just pretty disappointing!

In Zihuatenejo we went to La Perla restaurant. It was $7.00 for a taxi one way. We walked away from the tender area and caught a cab a little further down. The beach is called playa la ropa. I cannot recommend this enough. The water was beautiful and we sat and had beer and food. Great time. There website is laperlarestaurant.com.

Candi

In Zihuatenejo we went to La Perla restaurant. It was $7.00 for a taxi one way. We walked away from the tender area and caught a cab a little further down. The beach is called playa la ropa. I cannot recommend this enough. The water was beautiful and we sat and had beer and food. Great time. There website is laperlarestaurant.com.

Candi

SInce that is my favorite spot in Mexico .. I booked the trip specifically to include Zihuantenejo to go there !! I agree Ixtapa is nothing but hotels and overpriced shopping but Z is a charming fishing village and this beach/restaurant is fantastic.

DH and I did the Spirit in 06 we loved the Acapulco beach break.You are in a roped off area seperate from the general population.Free liquor,free food.The beach police keep the sales people out side the ropes they are very easy to barter for a great deal with so don't say no to all of them you might miss out on a great sale.We also went on the side with Edwardo( tatooed on his chest) para sailing for 50.00. I went on his brothers sea doo for an hour ride around the port. We went right up the the ship and I got to drive!!!!

Ixtapa was not that great Manzinillo had great snorkelling.

Hope that helps

That was a good tour. It was gone but it is back again. The beach police idea caused a real problem for the restaurant owner and the original tour company went out of business in Acapulco, for other reasons. The beach location has been moved to a better beach, calm surf, no vendors.

That was a good tour. It was gone but it is back again. The beach police idea caused a real problem for the restaurant owner and the original tour company went out of business in Acapulco, for other reasons. The beach location has been moved to a better beach, calm surf, no vendors.

Wow I didn't know that:eek: .I hope they took Edwardo and his brother with. they were the best.Can you book this thru the ship still?I would go back the Acapulco just for this one excursion we had so much fun.

We did this itinerary in February 08.

In Aca, we booked a private tour and had a wonderful day visiting many highlights of the area including the cliff divers.

In Zihua we took a taxi to Playa La Ropa and enjoyed the beach in front of La Perla...great day!

In Manzanillo, we took a taxi to Las Hadas resort.

More details are here in my review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38501

I have many photos in the link below as well under Carnival Spirit folder.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Archived