Massages on the Mariner

I have on three ships (not on Mariner). In my opinion they are over-priced, but enjoyable so I have splurged at times. If you are a Crown & Anchor member you will have a coupon for a discount. Rates are also cheaper while at port and sometimes discounts are advertised other times in the daily cruise compass. I would not pay full price for a ship massage. Another option is to get a massage while at a port or during a pre-cruise stay in the city the ship leaves from; often you can get similar quality for a lot less at land based spas.

How much are they? My girlfriend & I are thinking about sneaking away & having some "girl" time one day on our upcoming cruise, & I'm having trouble finding prices so we can decide what will be the most worth our time/$. I had a manicure on the last cruise, & I thought it was WAY overpriced, considering I recently got an upscale mani/pedi that was just as thorough for less money. But a friend of ours had a hot stone massage on that same cruise, & he thought it was well worth the $, but I don't remember how much he paid (he's now in Japan or I'd ask him). :)

The massages are pricey and some of them are sub-par at best. But if you are desperate and in need of something for a bad back they are better than nothing.:o

I avoid them on board, when I can ,and get them in ports of call.

But I guess if you are looking for something to do on a sea day or a special treat, booking on board is the way to go.

I believe that their prices may be better on port days.

Archived