Penn Station to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal- Cab?

PeggyMc

How much would it cost for a cab from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal?

If it is just 2 people with 3 bags would a cab be the cheapest way?

Anyone with experience doing this? Your opinions are appreciated.

How much would it cost for a cab from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal?

If it is just 2 people with 3 bags would a cab be the cheapest way?

Anyone with experience doing this? Your opinions are appreciated.

yes this is the best way its about $25-30. Bring the directions with you. Tell them to go to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and take the Hamilton Avenue exit. make two quick left turns (make sure not to get back into the tunnel) and follow the signs....

But its not the cheapest you can do it for $4.00 if you want to walk a lot by subway--I don't recommend this. You are on vacation...By subway(get a metro card of at elast $4.00 you can use it for both of you) take the A or C train to Jay Street Boro Hall change to the F train across the track go to Smith and nineth street get off and take the Bus at the Bottom heading west and get off at Van Brudat and Sullivan Street and walk into the terminal...I really don't recomend this with lugagge. If you have to save the money take the subway as above and get off at Bergen Street and catch a yellow cab...to the terminal(the directions are north on smith to Atlantic Avenue make a left. After you go under the highway make another left make the first right and follow it around until the terminal(follow the signs)...the cab should be $10.00

but as I said take the cab from the beginning.

No I wouldn't want to try to take a bus or subway with my belongings. I thought I read a cab would be almost $50, so I am glad to hear it might be lower.

When returning are cabs readily available at the pier for just 2 people?

No I wouldn't want to try to take a bus or subway with my belongings. I thought I read a cab would be almost $50, so I am glad to hear it might be lower.

When returning are cabs readily available at the pier for just 2 people?

yes there should be yellow cabs there. but they aren't plentiful. Call Arecibo to pick you up it will be the same $30 or so and they will come quickly. the limos that you can just pick up at the pier(the pier arranges for them to be there) cost twice as much,,,,

Arecibo is 7187836465. I don't recommend them from Penn station getting a cab is easier...although they may complain about going to Brooklyn- they are required to(get in first before you tell them were you are going)...

remember tell them to get tio the Brooklyn battery tunnel and the Hamilton Avenue exit and follow the signs...it should take about 1/2 hour even during rush hour....

• 3 weeks later...

Our last cruise we used Dial 7 limo and will use them again in Oct. It cost 16.00 one way so that is 32.00 round trip!! much cheaper then taxi and they meet you across from Penn Station. When you disembark they are right there waiting for you to take you back to Penn. They give you the phone number to call so you will always know where and when you are getting picked up. If you find the ship will be getting in late, call them and they will arrange new time for pick up. Their number is 777-7777 with NY area code 212. Some tell you that there are toll charges too but let them know that you know that there is a route with no tolls!! One operator said 16.00 plus tolls the other said there are no tolls to pier!

They take reservations 30 days prior to sailing!

Hope this helps

Cheryl

Our last cruise we used Dial 7 limo and will use them again in Oct. It cost 16.00 one way so that is 32.00 round trip!! much cheaper then taxi and they meet you across from Penn Station. When you disembark they are right there waiting for you to take you back to Penn. They give you the phone number to call so you will always know where and when you are getting picked up. If you find the ship will be getting in late, call them and they will arrange new time for pick up. Their number is 777-7777 with NY area code 212. Some tell you that there are toll charges too but let them know that you know that there is a route with no tolls!! One operator said 16.00 plus tolls the other said there are no tolls to pier!

They take reservations 30 days prior to sailing!

Hope this helps

Cheryl

????not to Brooklyn its more. This is the price to the Manhattan cruise terminal and I'll bet you $20.00 on it....that is why there is no toll.....

Dear Sidney Meyer,

Hello and thank you for your interest in Dial 7 Car and Limo

Service. The approximate cost of your trip would be $38 not including tip

and tolls. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at

212 777 7777 ex. 3500 or you can go to our website at www.dial7.com.

Yours in Service,

Gina De Blasio

Customer Service

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 9:45 PM

To: cs@dial7.com

Subject: FD7WS - sidney meyer

Customer Name: sidney meyer

Customer Email: smeyer418@yahoo.com

Subject: rate

Comment: what is the rate for a regular car from Penn Station to the Red

Hook cruise terminal in Brooklyn motor entrance at Imlay and Bowne Street

Thanks

here is Dail 7 email response........you can send the $20.00 to my paypal account...

Archived