Costco In Cabo San Lucas

Joyfredsblondecruiser

Has anyone been to the Costco in Cabo San Lucas? I was wondering how convenient it would be to the Pier? I was thinking it might be a good place to buy Beer, water, soda, and liquor. I have ordered the liquor packages from the Ship and I always have a pretty good sized liquor bill. But it is nice to have a drink in your room! I thought if it was convenient, it might be fun to see what else this Costco sells that we do not have. Happy Sailing, Joy

Well, looks like it's new since I was there last...Here's the link to the location:

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx?Warehouse=724

Looks like it's 4.5 kilometers out of town on the road to San Jose del Cabo...definitely not walking distance...at least not if you're going to be schlepping those Costco-sized bulk goodies back to the ship!!!

Now there is a "Sam's Club" in Puerto Vallarta literally right across the street from the dock:

JALISCO 6237 PUERTO VALLARTA Francisco Medina Ascencio 2880, Esq. Av. P. Sánchez, Col. El Pitillal, Puerto Vallarta, Jal. C.P. 48290 (01 322) Conm. 225 00 05, Gcia. 225 15 63, Rbo. 224 44 19

I remember pulling into PV on the Grandeur of the Seas and going out onto my balcony only to see the giant Sam's Club...

Hey Joy:

Just a little something for you to check out before you go and buy any

alcoholic beverages to bring back to the ship. Many cruise lines will

not let you bring any liquor or alcoholic products to your cabin. When you

come back to the ship with liquor, they will take it away from you and

give it back on dis-embarkation day. :( So it would be a good idea

to ask someone at the pursers desk or information desk if you can indeed

buy your own liquor and bring it on board at Cabo or Mazatlan, or anyplace

else. :)

HI Howard, DMK, and Chessbriar: ?Thank you for your posts. I had someone join my rollcall for the Mercury that just got back and siad that Celebrity did not care at the the Ports of call if you brought liquor back. That they brought liquor and beer back from each Port. I have no idea if Costco will be different but sometimes in differfengt areas they do have local things that we do not have! It might be fun to look just to see. Thank you about the information on PV for Wallmart. Happy Sailing, Joy

i was on the Century in May/June of this year and although i did not buy any alcohol i do recall them checking for it at the port stops......:confused: so i'm confused did they stop this policy.....

Anyway i'm with CAT free shots in P.V. i'll be there in 01/05....... have to check it out...............;)

i was on the Century in May/June of this year and although i did not buy any alcohol i do recall them checking for it at the port stops......:confused: so i'm confused did they stop this policy.....

Anyway i'm with CAT free shots in P.V. i'll be there in 01/05....... have to check it out...............;)

No they did not. They wan't you to buy alcohol on the ship. Lorelle

Hi--Just off Mercury today. The Sams Club and WallMart are next to each other in the same shopping mall visible from the ship in Puerto Vallarta. While it is a short walk the heat and humidity (95 plus 100% humidity--brutal) forced me to take a taxi back to the ship. If you are looking for Chardonnay, the selection was extraordinarily limited if any at all. I bought bottles of French Chablis for about $5.00 US a bottle. There is NOT a good selection of wines. A large selection of Tequila! John M

• 11 months later...

Let's see. I am flying hundreds of miles then sailing hundreds of miles and paying thousands of dollars to go to WALMART!!!!!!????:eek:

Yikes!

Yup--that's what I want to do on my vacation.

And then after a morning of upscale shopping at the island's local Costco's and K Marts, I head for the nearest Mickey D's, for a gourmet lunch.

You guys are kidding ??? Right???:confused:

celtic

Can you read Celtic?

There aren't going to Walmart for local hard to find goods that are only found in Mexico. They are going for basic supplies and being smart instead of spending hundreds of dollars on the ship for soda's and chips.

Can you read Celtic?

There aren't going to Walmart for local hard to find goods that are only found in Mexico. They are going for basic supplies and being smart instead of spending hundreds of dollars on the ship for soda's and chips.

Duh,

It was a joke.

And yes, I can read. And I will leave it at that.

celtic

HI Howard, DMK, and Chessbriar: ?Thank you for your posts. I had someone join my rollcall for the Mercury that just got back and siad that Celebrity did not care at the the Ports of call if you brought liquor back. That they brought liquor and beer back from each Port. I have no idea if Costco will be different but sometimes in differfengt areas they do have local things that we do not have! It might be fun to look just to see. Thank you about the information on PV for Wallmart. Happy Sailing, Joy

As long as you keep it reasonable.

Celebrity does not take your bottles away.

You can have them hold them if you want.

I think in the Cayman islands, the last time I bought 151 rum at the Tortuga rum factory, they send it to the ship and you get it when you leave.

While I am at Sams Club and Wallmart getting bottled water beer and wine and checking out the liquor prices I think it will be fun to have the free shots of tequilla too. I also will be taking the tequilla tour and will buy the blue aquave tequilla at the factory it is made the old fashioned way. It was really very good. They have different flavors. We loved the Mandarin and the almond. Happy Sailing, Joy

Archived