Disappointment on the Pride

Cruising Rules

If their food service goes down they will really start to hear complaints. So far they have had the best of any line I've been on. Remember to use those comment cards! With the new administration and everything from eggs to fuel going way up, labor is bound to suffer cuts. But at the company's loss.

BTW George Bush needs to roll out of bed and DO something! from a Republican.

If their food service goes down they will really start to hear complaints. So far they have had the best of any line I've been on. Remember to use those comment cards! With the new administration and everything from eggs to fuel going way up, labor is bound to suffer cuts. But at the company's loss.

BTW George Bush needs to roll out of bed and DO something! from a Republican.

Why would any line cut back on dining room service? They don't pay them enough to notice. We supply their pay. Cruiselines cutting dining room employees would not save them any noticeable amount of money and would generate a large number of complaints. As I said above, I've seen it on 4 different lines in the last year and a half. I think its a hiring/training problem, not a cut back.

Lets keep all the politicos, Dem and GOP, out of the economy. None of them understand it, none of them has ever had a job, and every time they mess with the economy, they really MESS with it. Both sides.

Dan

I also felt the dining room service was lacking on the Pride last November. Seeing as we only had one other cruise in 2004/Princess to compare it with we didn't know what to expect. The assistant waiter was much more friendly and helpful than the head waiter. There were nights (late dining) when our waiter had not even taken our order when others had their appetizers. One night they didn't even get our dessert order taken until 10:30. They didn't even have any drawn butter on lobster night. We were told there wasn't any. Then discovered early dining had it. That was a bummer for me, what's lobster without drawn butter.

Sorry I had to

Dh is from Lobster capital of Canada..What is lobster without drawn butter?...Cray fish(eeeww!!)LOL

OK gang, this is NOT what I want to hear when we have our Pricde cruise coming up in Oct.:eek: Maybe the staff was nearing the end of their contract, so they were "done" working. One could only hope not.

I know that most Pride reviews have been favorable, so I'm hoping that this was more of a hiccup then the "norm".

I hope you're right afcj1, we are going on the Pride in Nov.We have a bad experiences with Carnival in the past I hope this is not a look at what the cruise will hold for us

OK gang, this is NOT what I want to hear when we have our Pricde cruise coming up in Oct.:eek: Maybe the staff was nearing the end of their contract, so they were "done" working. One could only hope not.

I know that most Pride reviews have been favorable, so I'm hoping that this was more of a hiccup then the "norm".

It will be nice for many members here to show some consideration toward the other members that had book this vacation, Take his reviews with a grain of salt, I cannot believe some of the things many of you complaint from color of walls, to not made feel special, to the atrium missing light bulbs, WTH is this????do you guys have any fun on these vacations?? I cannot understand this people compalining about a room stewart that is cleaning our toilets and making up our messes on those cabins and some of you daring that he did not made you feel special. (??????)

It will be nice for many members here to show some consideration toward the other members that had book this vacation, Take his reviews with a grain of salt, I cannot believe some of the things many of you complaint from color of walls, to not made feel special, to the atrium missing light bulbs, WTH is this????do you guys have any fun on these vacations?? I cannot understand this people compalining about a room stewart that is cleaning our toilets and making up our messes on those cabins and some of you daring that he did not made you feel special. (??????)

I had more fun on my Liberty cruise last week than on any one so far. Most of that was due to just being at sea, a great group of CC members, a beautiful ship, and a great CD. I think most of what people are saying is that service is starting to slip some due to staff cuts and it is noticeable. It doesn't mean we didn't have a great time, or are just whining. And I feel bad for the staff - I think they are truly trying their hardest and just can't keep up with the increased workload. Our waiters were great & we loved them - they just barely had time to take the order and put the food on the table. Someone else here mentioned a bell for showtime - I was pretty astounded that our Maitre'd actually announced on the PA each night that the waiters were to excuse themselves for showtime and even saw one waiter chastised while at a table serving and told he needed to go sing.

There are plenty of petty complaints out there - but there is also a line where service will suffer too much and it will turn people away from Carnival. The fact remains that cruising is a service industry and they are walking a fine line between high cost increases and trying to mitigate them where possible and letting service suffer to the point where people don't come back. We are nowhere near that point, but I hope what I saw happening last week was not a trend. When the service goes away completely - it's no longer a cruise and just becomes a boat ride.

Sorry, but aren't waiters and waitresses supposed to serve at table? What's with the singing? Bring me my food, please, and afterwards, when paying guests have left the dining room (or at least finished their meals), then sing your hearts out!

What does that mean:confused:

It means what it means , I am not ofending anyone nor pointing fingers I just think that sometimes the complaints go out of line, a lot of people is book on that cruise and I do respect everyones opinion and we all benefit for all of the opinions , is just that sometimes people post the most incredible things, I do think that if people had this "need" to feel special they shall think if is in the hands of a person that is cleaning 30 cabins a day or in their own hands? I am not approving bad service in any way , I like to be treated with respect and to receive the service that i pay for ,but honestly many people here think they are some sort of royalty and that is unreal, I do writte in another forum, is trip advisor and you read this wanabee queens and I am just cant beleive what i read sometimes. I am not been rude in any way I just think that some people are never satisfied and thats what I complaint about. if you need to feel special do it for yourself , for God sake this is a vacation!!!

It means what it means , I am not ofending anyone nor pointing fingers I just think that sometimes the complaints go out of line, a lot of people is book on that cruise and I do respect everyones opinion and we all benefit for all of the opinions , is just that sometimes people post the most incredible things, I do think that if people had this "need" to feel special they shall think if is in the hands of a person that is cleaning 30 cabins a day or in their own hands? I am not approving bad service in any way , I like to be treated with respect and to receive the service that i pay for ,but honestly many people here think they are some sort of royalty and that is unreal, I do writte in another forum, is trip advisor and you read this wanabee queens and I am just cant beleive what i read sometimes. I am not been rude in any way I just think that some people are never satisfied and thats what I complaint about. if you need to feel special do it for yourself , for God sake this is a vacation!!!

Ok I just went back and read every post. People are just commenting on how the service has been lacking on their last cruises. These are expereinced cruisers so they know when something is not up to par.........

Royalty:confused: Did I miss something:confused:

I am definitely far from royalty and very low maintenance. I know my steward is cleaning 30 cabins a day. I could have been pretty upset last week but chose to let it roll off and not ruin things but did note it on my comment card when we never saw or met our steward all week and ran out of toilet paper 3 times. :eek: I also discovered that getting toilet paper at 1am after housekeeping's "official" hours is a 2 hours ordeal. This along with the dining and bar staff issues are minor things, but just seemed to more noticeable this time around.

There are plenty of people out there who are never satisfied and I admit to having great fun reading some of the more ridiculous complaints, but I don't think that's what this thread was about.

My daughter and I were on the Pride in May (Mother's Day) and we had a great time. We loved everything about it. The dinning room was good, our waiter and assistant were great. We thought the Pride was a great ship. In fact, we commented on how employees worked constantly cleaning the ship. Those of you that have a cruise booked, have fun! Wish I was going again!

We have been on Pride twice, and there is a reason for that. Great ship, fantastic service, excellent food, great cabins, good price.

When our tablemate saw my DH's short ribs, he just ordered some. You can have anything you want and as much. Servers were wonderful and attentive. You will never have half a glass of water or iced tea. This was at late seating. If you are in a rush, just tell them, they get it.

Carnival is a great value. We sail on Princess as well (yes, I know they are owned by Carnival Corp.), but in order to have a sitting area, we pay a lot more for the mini suite on Princess.

Enjoy Pride!

I'm one of those people who had a disappointing time aboard the Carnival Pride. The only other cruiseline I've traveled with was Disney and absolutely LOVED it! The service on the Pride was okay and the the food was not that great but the experience I had at the spa was horrible. I was mislead into purchasing "detox" products, which I found (through researching once I got home) had nothing to do with detoxification. Then, upon contacting Carnival, to straighten things out, I was told "Carnival" had nothing to do with it because the spa staff are contracted through another employer. I thought Carnival would back me, but I guess I was wrong. Lesson learned. There were other disappointing aspects of the cruise that I'll chalk up to a learning experience. Although I'll never cruise with Carnival again, I hope you all have a better experience than I did.

I'm one of those people who had a disappointing time aboard the Carnival Pride. The only other cruiseline I've traveled with was Disney and absolutely LOVED it! The service on the Pride was okay and the the food was not that great but the experience I had at the spa was horrible. I was mislead into purchasing "detox" products, which I found (through researching once I got home) had nothing to do with detoxification. Then, upon contacting Carnival, to straighten things out, I was told "Carnival" had nothing to do with it because the spa staff are contracted through another employer. I thought Carnival would back me, but I guess I was wrong. Lesson learned. There were other disappointing aspects of the cruise that I'll chalk up to a learning experience. Although I'll never cruise with Carnival again, I hope you all have a better experience than I did.

Sorry you had a bad experience on the Pride, but don't judge the whole cruiseline by one ship, also, you can't really compare Carnival to Disney, IMHO, since Disney is at least twice the price or more. We were with a group of 33 friends on the Pride last year and had a perfect cruise, the food was excellent everywhere, service was great, everyone was friendly, everyone in our group had a great time and most of us are on the Spirit again next year. Carnival just works for us and I guess we've either been lucky or our expectations are set correctly.

Archived