I am hopeless/helpless and pathetic

We sailed on Freedom last March .. we are doing our first B2B on Vision this coming March. Yet ... I am stuck here on these 'boards' reading of other peoples "adventures" .. I see that most people have cruise booked ... but, some people have two, three, four or more booked. I know that I should be thankful that soon 7 mos) we will be embarking on our 9th & 10th cruise ... I know, I know. But I remain hopelessly jealous and helpless to do anything about it.:( Are there others who feel the same?

Its okay I've only cruised twice and I am desperate to go again...though as a college student I have no extra funds...well I could work some more then I do now and get the money...though I would have no one to go with as my friends don't have the extra money.

Cruising for me is on hold until my friends and I have time and money to go again or my parents feel the need to cruise (and I will be a well behaved 22yr old with them :D )

:) You are young .. have a world of cruising ahead of you ... many adventures and sites to see.

I took my first cruise when I was in my mid-fifties and now (at 61) I'm trying to catch up;) Enjoy your youth and the adventures-yet-to-come.

We sailed on Freedom last March .. we are doing our first B2B on Vision this coming March. Yet ... I am stuck here on these 'boards' reading of other peoples "adventures" .. I see that most people have cruise booked ... but, some people have two, three, four or more booked. I know that I should be thankful that soon 7 mos) we will be embarking on our 9th & 10th cruise ... I know, I know. But I remain hopelessly jealous and helpless to do anything about it.:( Are there others who feel the same?

I must confess to being envious of people who have all these cruises booked so far in advance. It is difficult for ME to understand are people who can say "Let's take a cruise in February 2010."

We booked in Feb. for a cruise in October and thought that was far in advance. We're thinking of another short one in November, but probably won't book one until the October cruise.

We're not "spur of the moment" people, but I guess I can be jealous of people that have their s*** together enough to plan that far in advance.

Welcome to CC!

Its just as addicting as cruising is! :D Maybe worse, not sure. LOL

You're in the right place! Everyone comes here to get their "fix" so to speak. It keeps us going between cruises!!!

Its been almost one year from our last cruise and boy can we feel it!

Hang in there....this is the place to help ease your pain of waiting it out!

Yet ... I am stuck here on these 'boards' reading of other peoples "adventures" ..

How do you know your addicted to CruiseCritic

0. Cruisecritic is your main entertainment

1. You get up in the middle of the night to check out the boards

2. Its the first thing in the morning you check.

3. You hit the "reload" button every 5 seconds.

4. When your say "just one more post, honey" and turnes into much longer.

5. You get nurvous ticks when you are away from the boards too long

6. Do you regale your co-workers and friends with what's online

7. Do you LOL at work and everyone turnes their head.

Well look at it this way, you DO have two cruises book, they are just together. :)

I would LOVE to have 7 or 8 cruise reservations going on but right now I am just content to have what we have. Very few people in the real world can say they have 2 cruises booked. :D

But I do keep my cruise obsession in check by having at least one land vacation booked for every month of the year...lol.

I am not hopelessly jealous but I do wish I could sail more than once a year. But work and finances just won't allow me to it. So until I am in the position to be able afford more cruises I am satisfied knowing that I can book one cruise a year.

I still feel decadent and even a bit guilty booking a cruise at ALL. I mean, I have student loans to pay! Someday I plan to have kids, and they'll be expensive! My parents are getting older! People are starving! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

And then my boyfriend says, "balcony," and I go, "hee," and stop caring.

I still consider myself to be exceptionally lucky ever to have had the opportunity to cruise at all, let alone what seems to be an every-couple-of-years-pattern! And I am jealous of people who have not just the money, but the TIME to go so often. (Particularly Europeans, who get ACTUAL vacation days, not this 10-days-per-year-including-around-holidays nonsense.) So, mostly I just hope to be one of them some day.

In the meantime, every spare penny goes in the piggy bank, and every coupon gets clipped, and maybe that'll add up to a 2010 cruise one of these days. ;)

I was just like you up until last year. I could not be away from work more than 5 working days in a row. We only cruised once a year, 7nights is the longest and I felt very lucky to do that.

Now that I am retired with my DH, we cruise several times a year. I feel very blessed to be able to spend my children inheritance by cruising. We never get a balcony just get me on the ship!! Cruising is our only entertainment, we do not go to fancy restraurants, no week-end get-a-ways, no concerts. Just cruising when we can.

You will get to the point to cruising a lot when you get older. So stay in good health and enjoy life today then tomorrow will be great for you.

Archived