nervous

giglebug

after reading about the rough time the sun had .I cant help but feel quite nervous about my cruise now.

This will be my first ever cruise and hearing all this stuff kinda makes me scared :eek: .i think i need some reasurance:o

Hi Giglebug,

No-one can guarantee perfect weather - anywhere, anytime. Cruising in the Paciic islands in August, you stand a very good chance of excellent weather. The reason the Pacific Sun incident got so much publicity is that it is very very unusual. Several of us on this forum who have cruised a couple of dozen time each, have never been in conditions anywhere nearly as bad as the Pacific Sun. Another point in your favour, you are sailing on the Pacific Dawn which is a much larger ship that will be able to handle any bumpy seas better than the Pacific Sun.

Put the worries out of your mind. Go with a positive attitude and have a fantastic time.:):)

Hi Ela 2,

Like Giglebug I have been feeling a little apprehensive, particularly as I had a camping holiday ruined last August becuase of a severe storm. Your comments made be feel a bit better until I reached the bit about the Pacific Dawn - I'm cruising on the Pacific Sun.

Hi Calliopegirl,

The Pacific Dawn is 70,000 tons and the Pacific Sun is 47,000. Fact of life. The Dawn handles rough seas better than the Sun, but it is likely you won't get rough weather. If you don't know whether you will get seasick take some medication with you. I always pop a tablet before the ship departs and then only take another one the next day if the seas are rough.

Cruising on the Sun you have the advantage of leaving from Brisbane. In our experience, the seas in and out of Sydney can be a bit rougher than in and out of Brisbane.

I see you are going on the 12 night cruise to Fiji and Champagne Bay. We did this one last Feb/Mar on the Sun, and then a similar one in April/May. I believe it is the best itinerary that P & O currently offers. There is a good variety of ports and they are nicely interspersed with sea days. I suggest you have a look at previous threads with details of shore tours. We always do our own thing and it gives us freedom to come and go as we wish and we also save heaps of money.

Have a fantastic cruise. :):)

Evon.

I sort of know how you feel giglebug.

My last (and first) cruise was on the P Sun with a friend and the one i'm on now (leaving 19th Aug) i am flying solo and am nervous myself..

The worst weather i had on the last cruise when we were coming back over the tasman from Lifou and had 5 mt swell one day. The rest of the time it was as calm as ever, Unfortunately you cant predict the weather

Which cruise r u booked on

Jase (VicGuy)

Hi there,

Please don't be nervous about your cruise. I am sure you will have a great time just like those currently on the Sun are having. We were on THAT trip and yes it was rough and yes there was the unfortunate night but given all that happened it was still an adventure and a lot of time on the cruise was great. The matre de told us it was the worst cruise in a a very long time and it is very unusual so be excited at the great time you will have. It has not put us off cruising - just not in July for us next time :)

Trish

Thanks, Evon. I'm sure everything will be fine and I am still looking forward to the cruise. Thanks for the advice about the shore trips.

Hi again Calliopegirl,

If you are interested in details of shore tours I can email you some info I have prepared for friends. Your itinerary is not exactly the same as theirs, but I can easily alter it to suit yours. If you are interested please email me. I don't want to take up a lot of space here with info that might not be of interest to many people. My address is peter and evon @ bigpond . com (without the spaces of course!):):)

Evon.

Hi Calliopegirl,

The Pacific Dawn is 70,000 tons and the Pacific Sun is 47,000. Fact of life. The Dawn handles rough seas better than the Sun, but it is likely you won't get rough weather. Evon.

Thanks a million Evon, your post has really put me at ease. In reality, I know I'll be having such a good time, the last thing I'll be thinking about is rough seas and being sick. I'll have my medication (and probably another drink) :D

Woo Hoo........not long to go now

Ella

Archived