Review for Embassy Suites - Miami

il26382

We recently stayed at Embassy Suites in Miami for our pre-cruise stay. Since there doesn't seem to be much on the boards regarding this hotel, I thought I would give my thoughts.

We flew into Miami and called Embassy Suites to pick us up. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes and were picked up by them. Arrived at hotel and checked in. Hotel is really pretty and staff was very nice. We arranged a transfer from the hotel to the port for the following morning. It was $10.00 each and had a choice of times to leave. We decided we would leave at 11:00 am and they told us where to be the next morning for the shuttle.

We went up to our room and it was nice. It was adequate for what we needed. I did think it would be larger but it was ok.

We checked out the rest of the hotel; the pool area was very nice and quite a few people were using it.

Since we did not have a car, our choices for supper were very limited. The hotel will take you to a few places close by but we chose to walk to Benegin's (sp?), which was around the corner from the hotel. It was still daylight so we felt safe in walking. Was not impressed with supper. Food was terrible and so was the service. Oh well!

Went back to the hotel and hung out. They have a reception each night for their guest which consists of nacho chip,salsa, popcorn and free drinks! It was pretty nice.

The next morning we enjoyed a compliamentary breakfast at the hotel. This was a full spread breakfast with everything you could think of! Very good. After breakfast we checked out of our hotel and headed for the port!

I thought that the Embassy Suites was a very nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. I think that I would stay here again if I had the chance. The only negative things about the hotel were that there was not much around there and no, it is not in a pretty area and the planes constantly flying over , but we expected that since we were staying near the airport.

If anyone has anymore questions, I will be happy to try and answer them!

Not exactly sure where the Embassy is downtown, but did you look at taking a cab to the port? $10 per person is pretty high. Hope there were only two of you.

The Embassy Suites is not in downtown Miami, it is by the airport. (Aprox. 3 minutes away from the actual airport).

The Embassy Suites is not in downtown Miami, it is by the airport. (Aprox. 3 minutes away from the actual airport).

Thanks, Floridacruiser, for that info. That explains the shuttle cost. I was thinking only near the Downtown area. :confused: duh

arf2005 - there was no charge when they picked us up from the airport. Embassy Suites is by the airport.

I was wondering how big their shuttles are? IS it a bus? Is it big enough for 4 people with 4 suitcases and carryons?

I was wondering how big their shuttles are? IS it a bus? Is it big enough for 4 people with 4 suitcases and carryons?

The shuttle bus is like the ones that the rental car companies use. It will easily hold your party and more.

You would have to take a taxi to the nearest convenience store. It has been a year or so since I was there but I think the shuttle ride was about

20 mins. You must register ahead of time for the shuttle. We were rode in a van and the luggage was placed in a small enclosed in tralier that was connected to the van.

We recently stayed at Embassy Suites in Miami for our pre-cruise stay. Since there doesn't seem to be much on the boards regarding this hotel, I thought I would give my thoughts.

We flew into Miami and called Embassy Suites to pick us up. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes and were picked up by them. Arrived at hotel and checked in. Hotel is really pretty and staff was very nice. We arranged a transfer from the hotel to the port for the following morning. It was $10.00 each and had a choice of times to leave. We decided we would leave at 11:00 am and they told us where to be the next morning for the shuttle.

We went up to our room and it was nice. It was adequate for what we needed. I did think it would be larger but it was ok.

We checked out the rest of the hotel; the pool area was very nice and quite a few people were using it.

Since we did not have a car, our choices for supper were very limited. The hotel will take you to a few places close by but we chose to walk to Benegin's (sp?), which was around the corner from the hotel. It was still daylight so we felt safe in walking. Was not impressed with supper. Food was terrible and so was the service. Oh well!

Went back to the hotel and hung out. They have a reception each night for their guest which consists of nacho chip,salsa, popcorn and free drinks! It was pretty nice.

The next morning we enjoyed a compliamentary breakfast at the hotel. This was a full spread breakfast with everything you could think of! Very good. After breakfast we checked out of our hotel and headed for the port!

I thought that the Embassy Suites was a very nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. I think that I would stay here again if I had the chance. The only negative things about the hotel were that there was not much around there and no, it is not in a pretty area and the planes constantly flying over , but we expected that since we were staying near the airport.

If anyone has anymore questions, I will be happy to try and answer them!

You said the hotel would take you to nearby restaurants, would they pick you up? I thought Embassy Suites had a restaurant on site.

Thanks

There is a restaurant on site, but it is kinda pricey so we decided to go somewhere else. They had menus for several restaurants for us to look at; found these at front desk!

Cost of the room for 4 was around $175.00 a night.

cantwait - Yes they said they would take us and pick us up; all we had to do was call when ready to be picked up. As I said, we elected to walk to nearby restaurant, Benegin's. I have heard they have closed their lines of restaurants but I do not know this for sure.

Archived