Where to cruise next ?????

Colleen51

Well I'm hooked. Just loved our first cruise. Now where to next. Any suggestions - Caribbean?? Europe?? if caribbean - which is best - south, east or west??? When are the best times ?? Not keen on humidity - is it very humid??? Celebrity or another cruise line? Appreciate your help - received great advice for our Alaska trip - so I'm in your hands. Colleen

Colleen, how about the full transit of the Panama Canal.

It is very interesting, educational, many things to see and learn and have fun doing it all. In addition to the Canal you will see a lot of the Southern Caribbean and some Mexico as well.

We did this cruise on the Millennium and enjoyed it very much.

Happy cruising,

Wes

Colleen,

It depends:

What do you like to do? Beach? Sightseeing? Shopping?

Do you enjoy sea days as well as or better than port days?

What did you like best about the cruise you took?

Do you travel alone or with family? Ages?

There are lots of things to consider before anyone can make a good recommendation for you.

Linda

A full transit of the Panama Canal is really cool....hot and humid...but amazing. If I had to pick my favorite, that I could recommend, it would be Scandinavia/Russia....has to be my favorite. I want to do the Greek Isles in '05...and then Australia/New Zealand...then I'm going to start repeating. But, I'm pretty much a "put me on a ship" and I'm a happy camper! :D

...where to next. Any suggestions - Caribbean?? Europe?? if caribbean - which is best - south, east or west??? When are the best times ?? Not keen on humidity - is it very humid??? Celebrity or another cruise line?

Well, Colleen, first, if you loved Celebrity, I'd stick with it...I've been on six different lines and Celebrity is my clear favorite...

As to the Caribbean, YES it is very HUMID...

If you detest humidity, but want a warm, DRY cruise, then your best bet is to stick with what is known as a "Mediterranean" climate...(I was a Geography major as an undergraduate, so I get into this stuff)...Anyway, the Mediterranean climate only exists in limited parts of the world: Several areas around the Mediterranean Sea (Italy, Greece, Coastal Spain, Tunisia, Israel, Morrocco--around Gibraltar), Southern California, part of Central Chile, the area around Capetown, South Africa and the area around Perth, Australia...That's it...

These areas are blessed with extremely low humidity, very little rainfall (typically less than 20 days per year) and virtually none in summer, hot, dry summers...

Cruise opportunities would include most Mediterranean cruises or Coastal California or Mexican Riviera (note: the typical Mexican Riviera route starts in a Mediterranean climate in Southern California, then gets you to Cabo and Mazatlan--which are exceptionally dry desert climates...but, then Puerto Vallarta is subtropical and can be quite humid...but, one day of humidity in seven is not too bad)...

Personally, the 13-nighter I took on the Millennium in the Mediterranean last year was the best cruise I have ever been on, bar none...the ports are extraordinary--the art, the architecture, the culture...simply amazing...and the Millennium is such a great ship (sister to the Infinity that you were on)...

So, you might want to check into that one...

Mexico is old hat to me and I've never been interested in those Coastal California routes--but, that's because I live here...But, for you, coming from that far away, you might find these to be to your liking...

Good luck...

Thanks - the mediterranaean cruise sounds great. I live ina mediterranean type climate in Australia so find the humidity a real downer - hence I don't fancy our Pacific cruises. I love sightseeing and history and beaches and of course am partial to shopping too. I will check out the Millie cruise you mention. Thanks Colleen

Archived