p.o. wwater and coffee

angelina46

hi,

can anyone tell me if there is free water and coffee on the p.o ships?

there is nothing in their brochure about this as in other cruise lines? is ice served in the cabins?

thanks

angelina 46

On arrival a lg bottle of water is in your cabin with a order card on it, you fill it out and its brought by steward, at reasonable cost - about £1 or so a bottle.

There is a complimentary tea tray in your cabin with plentiful coffee,tea ,sugar and lovely pkts biscuits which are replaced as you take them a couple of times a day (a good game). Ideal lunch box treats when home;)

Ice bucket in cabin, inform steward if you want regular ice and he will fill it daily.

hi,

can anyone tell me if there is free water and coffee on the p.o ships?

there is nothing in their brochure about this as in other cruise lines? is ice served in the cabins?

thanks

angelina 46

Water on Ventura is so chemical tasting that i think it is vile, i did not notice such a severe taste on Oriana. Even a cup of tea tastes pretty awful. We made tea from bottled water in the end.

Ventura was £1.65 for a 1.5ltr bottle......i do not think this is reasonable when it can be bought from tesco at 17 p for 2 ltrs!

Lou

Water on Ventura is so chemical tasting that i think it is vile, i did not notice such a severe taste on Oriana. Even a cup of tea tastes pretty awful. We made tea from bottled water in the end.

Ventura was £1.65 for a 1.5ltr bottle......i do not think this is reasonable when it can be bought from tesco at 17 p for 2 ltrs!

Lou

17p for 2 litres?????......

If the water on a ship has a distinct chemical taste, then report it to the front desk. On a modern ship, water shouldn't have strong chemical taste.

Ship's water is either pumped on board from ashore, or more usually, it's produced from sea water using flash evaporators (and sometimes reverse osmosis) and then treated to meet standards for quality, safety and taste. The water produced from a flash evaporator is basically distilled water, i.e. it's incredibly soft and has no taste at all... which, strangely enough, makes it not very nice to drink!

If there is a slight chemical taste, then what does work is to store some water in a bottle in the fridge, and leave the cap off the bottle for a couple of hours. Any residual chlorine will quickly evaporate.

VP

i do not think this is reasonable when it can be bought from tesco at 17 p for 2 ltrs!

Lou

thats why they do it!!

it's called 'supply and demand'... fill a suitcase with tesco water and see how much sympathy the airline gives you.... i think the £1.65 will work out a good deal then...

Archived