What to expect with the Aquanauts - any advice?

xcell

Me, my DF, DD times 2 (5 and 2) are heading out onthe LOS end of august.

I'm going to sign my 5 year old up for the Aquanauts...

Any advice as to what I should expect...pitfalls...when is the best time to send them out?

Just off Independence with our own 5 Y/O Aquanaut. Once registered you just take them as and when you like. Make sure that anybody who is going to drop off or pick up has their seapass registered at the aquanaut club room. The kids seemed to have a great time with lots of activities. You get an aquanaut compass left on your bed each evening detailing the following days activities along with your own daily compass.

One bonus is that they loan you a shipwide cell phone. There is no charge for this, unless you damage or lose it. This is so that they can contact you if the need arises. One advantage is that you can use the phone to be contacted by anybody else on the ship as the number is simply an on board extension. Like wise you can call other numbers on the ship.

The staff were great and as for pitfalls, we didn't come across any.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have sample Aquanauts compasses? I've searched Online and emailed RCCL but only received general info. I'd like to see specifically scheduled activities to get an idea. I've never enrolled my kids before.

Does anyone have sample Aquanauts compasses? I've searched Online and emailed RCCL but only received general info. I'd like to see specifically scheduled activities to get an idea. I've never enrolled my kids before.

Check on the family cruising board- they have lots of samples posted.

I've been cruising with my boys since they were 4 and they loved the Adventure Ocean, so much that when we tried other ships such as Carvnival-big disappointment. There are so many fun activities for the kids, such as games, pirate show, talent show, etc. etc. they didn't want to come with us.

If she has a talent, such as ballet-have her bring her costume.

We were on the Serenade with my 5 and 11 year old two weeks ago. My kids LOVE the Adventure Ocean club! There are activities for them all day/night. It has been a great program for us so far.

• 4 months later...

Does RCL Aquanauts club let parents stay with their kids?

My son was three when he went to the Disney cruise. He was really shy (even though he goes to daycare since 9 months old), he wouldn't let us leave the children club by himself. We had to stay there with him. We are planning to go to one of the RCL freedom class ship before he is 4 years old. If they don't let the parents stay, we probably will not go with RCL. Any help is appreciated.

When we were on Independence last spring, they did not. The dropoff/pickup was at the door - Aquanauts had a rope across the doorway (as much to prevent escapes as anything else), and Explorers had a desk a few steps into the room. Parents could come in to pick up a child or belongings, but not to just sit & watch.

My son was three when he went to the Disney cruise. He was really shy (even though he goes to daycare since 9 months old), he wouldn't let us leave the children club by himself. We had to stay there with him. We are planning to go to one of the RCL freedom class ship before he is 4 years old. If they don't let the parents stay, we probably will not go with RCL. Any help is appreciated.

No, you won't be allowed.

The security is higher on RCCL than on Disney. On Disney, anyone could walk in and out of the club - no pass needed. You just couldn't remove a child on Disney without the "password"

On RCCL, they keep everyone out. The room is open enough that yes, you can walk up and look in at any time. But no, you won't be allowed in. I kind of like it that way. Sort of freaked me out on Disney that I could walk in and out of the club and even into the kids club bathrooms with no one stopping me. :eek:

Archived