Kings Wharf to Hamilton Shopping

Fred C

I will be on the Explorer to Bermuda (5-night cruise.) The ship docks at

Kings Wharf. What is the best way to get to the shopping area in Hamilton.

Is there a specific bus number? And where do I get off. How long does it take, and what is the cost.

How long is the ferry ride? Thanks

I will be on the Explorer to Bermuda (5-night cruise.) The ship docks at

Kings Wharf. What is the best way to get to the shopping area in Hamilton.

Is there a specific bus number? And where do I get off. How long does it take, and what is the cost.

How long is the ferry ride? Thanks

The fastest and most enjoyable way to get from King's Wharf to Hamilton is with the ferry. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery much better from the ferry than from the bus. The ferry takes about 20 minutes, the bus about twice as long with many stops. The ferry lets you off at Front Street, the heart of the shopping area.

I agree -- take the ferry. Make sure you take the express directly to Front Street. They run very regularly. If I recall, you can even get a schedule from the ship.

Shopping has changed greatly in Hamilton. All the famous shops along Front Street are just about gone. Banking -- not tourism -- is now the prmary industry of Bermuda. All that is left are the junky souveniour shops.

I agree. Take the Ferry. It is much faster than the bus. As far as the shopping goes, I was in Bermuda in July and they are doing some rennovations on Front Street. A.S. Cooper is still there as well as Astwood Dickinson, Bluck's, Brown & Co., E.R. Aubrey jeweler's, Crisson Jeweler's as well as a bunch of other souvenier shops and things like that are there. There was even a Mac cosmetic's shop and a Louis Vuitton shop as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I went shopping in Hamilton, there was a ferry waiting as soon as people were able to get off the ship. It was just steps away from the ship (like where the trees are in the below picture)

However when we took the ferry from St. Georges to the Royal Dockyard, that ferry docked at a different spot, and it was a further walk. Here's a picture of the back end of the ferry as the boat was being parked.

http://home.comcast.net/~heiska/bermudaferry1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived