camera

poly3503

Know what you want and how much it would cost on the mainland. Often the guarantees are not good in the US mainland. You will have no "comeback" if it breaks. Having lived in the VI for 14 years we never bought a camera there, better buys in NYC. No real bargains any more.:(

B.

Know what you want and how much it would cost on the mainland. Often the guarantees are not good in the US mainland. You will have no "comeback" if it breaks. Having lived in the VI for 14 years we never bought a camera there' date=' better buys in NYC. No real bargains any more.:(

B.[/quote']

Hi,

I emailed the Sea Life camera company about this and here is the reply I received:

"SeaLife items purchased outside the USA do not come with a USA warranty. However in your case, the Caribbean islands are served by SeaLife USA directly so it is like being in the USA. If you purchased it from Canada, Mexico, England, or Australia the case would be different.

In your case, no need to worry you will have a full US warranty.

I hope this information helps."

poly

Ditto knowing what you are looking for and the prices available online and in stores around you so you know whether the prices in STT are in fact a good deal. Boolchands and Royal Caribbean, on St. Thomas, would be where to look for cameras.

--Islander

Archived