New to cruising

Charlie1234

Going on P&O Oceana on E831 on Boxing Day,anyone going? all tips and advice welcome,worried we wont enjoy,what about trips,dress code,etc.

looks like people who book for the Oceana don't do message boards eh???

don't worry about anything.. as for the P&O brand... most pages, for most ships will give you the low down... also a lot of people go on one ship then the next, so the real 'ol sweats' have plenty of advice... they just need to find your post!!

your ship was parked next to the arcadia in november (can't remember exactly where! too drunk!!) and it looked fantastic...oh yeah and was full! so i doubt you'll have the pool to yourself on boxing day!!!!

I have been on Oceana and we had a great time. It feels like a big ship TBH as we recently went on Carnival Splendor which is much bigger be TBH Oceanas public area seemed bigger and generally more spacious.

Don't worry about the dress code just copy everyone else, We were only 23 when we went and think we were probably the youngest people on the ship who had paid for our own cruise and were not with prents etc.. We had a great time and met loads of fantastic people. You will have a great time.

Chris

I have been on Oceana and we had a great time. It feels like a big ship TBH as we recently went on Carnival Splendor which is much bigger be TBH Oceanas public area seemed bigger and generally more spacious.

Don't worry about the dress code just copy everyone else, We were only 23 when we went and think we were probably the youngest people on the ship who had paid for our own cruise and were not with prents etc.. We had a great time and met loads of fantastic people. You will have a great time.

Chris

The prices vary so much but some are about £28 going upwards depending on what you are doing.

We now do all our own you can go onto the web site of the islands you are visiting and you will find tours on there.

There will be taxis a plenty on the dock side and just make sure that you negotiate the price before you embark.

You will have alot of people saying that you should use the P&O official excursions so that it they are late the ship will wait.

But we have found that if you organise yourself and say go in a morning you will have plenty of time to come back before the ship sails. In the afternoon we tend to go to the beach or shop and then back to the ship for sail away.

We have been on Oceana three times and I am sure you will love her.

Are you buying a tux? Most men on pando cruises wear one ( a few wear dark suits) on formal nights especially as a christmas cruise- you will have about 4 on a 2wk cruise. So it will get its wear and you can pick one up for £99 or so....

The other nights in the caribbean are smart casual so no need for jackets, smart short sleeved shirt/linen trousers-chinos etc ok....Ladies wear cocktail or long dresses on formal nights and smart clothes on smart-casual.

Here our 4 of us on a formal night - ladies....

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VeniceCruiseMay2008/photo#5203267060472697186

click link

feel free to look at my cruise albums to get a idea of what people are wearing.

(i'm 2nd left in black)

Do log into the pando cruise chat site as well. go to main webpage and click cruise community.

• 3 months later...

Hi butterfly and batman

Glad you are going, Now we know we will not be alone!

We have booked several trips, some with P&O and two via the internet, also we intend to book taxi or lacal bus when we get into port.

We fly from Manchester can't wait for some sunshine.

• 2 weeks later...

have a fab time, my hubby was the same before 1st cruise, wasn't going to buy a tux, by the time we went he had a black dinner suit and a white jacket to take, and wore both.

Had his moneys worth now with 5 formal nights alone on the last cruise.

Archived