Policy on Alcohol???

karibritt01

How strict is Carnival concerning their policy of bringing alcohol on board? My in-laws are cruising Alaska in a few weeks, and would like to bring scotch on board with them. Will it be allowed? Has anyone ever "smuggled" it on board in their checked bags?

How strict is Carnival concerning their policy of bringing alcohol on board? My in-laws are cruising Alaska in a few weeks, and would like to bring scotch on board with them. Will it be allowed? Has anyone ever "smuggled" it on board in their checked bags?

There is always a chance that if put in the checked luggage it would be caught, but a very small chance. Do not carry it on board. They may carry one bottle of wine each. Very few have ever been "caught".

How strict is Carnival concerning their policy of bringing alcohol on board? The policy is: No alcohol is to be brought onboard. My in-laws are cruising Alaska in a few weeks, and would like to bring scotch on board with them. Will it be allowed? Not in their carry-on. Has anyone ever "smuggled" it on board in their checked bags? Ummmm....yes.

If the search feature is working, you'll find lots of threads about smuggling. So, yes....lots of people smuggle.

You can also order from Bon Voyage Dept and have it delivered to the cabin.

i admit to usually smuggling a bottle on in my checked luggage and have never (so far) had an issue...i always try to purchase it in a plastic bottle so that if it gets bumped around i am less worried about breakage...also i pack it with my shampoos and such so the bottles look similar and if it does break ( i wrap in bubble wrap and place in a large zip lock bag) all that gets wet is shampoo

The Rum Runners flasks are worth every penny:

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/rumrunnercruisekitand8482patpend.aspx

They don't leak or break. And they pack flat when empty.

Like most posters, we usually "smuggle" a bottle (in plastic) in our luggage for before dinner drinks in our cabin. The ship still makes a lot of money on the bar bill, but we do like having our evening drinks in the cabin.

I was thinking of buying the little single serve bottles of alcohol like you get on airplanes but a friend of mine said they don't sell them in Texas. I really don't drink that much and was unaware of that Texas policy but was rather surprised. If your from Texas and know any thing about this, please let me hear from you. I still think those little bottles would be a good idea! Where can I find them?

Thank you x2

Julie

I was thinking of buying the little single serve bottles of alcohol like you get on airplanes but a friend of mine said they don't sell them in Texas. I really don't drink that much and was unaware of that Texas policy but was rather surprised. If your from Texas and know any thing about this, please let me hear from you. I still think those little bottles would be a good idea! Where can I find them?

Thank you x2

Julie

I don't know where your friend shops for liquor in Texas but I see the "singles" all over the place in Austin. I've seen them mostly in smaller "Mom amd Pop" type stores, not the big ones like Specs or Twin Liquors but they're out there.

Yes there was a time that they weren't sold in Texas but they are readily available now. However the selection isn't as wide as it is in 750ml and larger. Hope that helps.

It's not smuggling, it's packing. We take a bottle of vodka, vermouth, brandy, wine, and a jar of onion stuffed olives on every cruise and have never had a problem. Thats in the checked luggage not the carryon!

Thank you x2

Julie

I don't know where your friend shops for liquor in Texas but I see the "singles" all over the place in Austin. I've seen them mostly in smaller "Mom amd Pop" type stores, not the big ones like Specs or Twin Liquors but they're out there.

Yes there was a time that they weren't sold in Texas but they are readily available now. However the selection isn't as wide as it is in 750ml and larger. Hope that helps.

Yep, they are in most all of the liquor stores I have been in, usually by the checkout. I have even bought the little sets of flavored Jose Quervo Tequilas..... :D Are there Spec's Liquor stores in Austin?

Heck, I've even seen them in Spec's!

I purchased alcohol for our room through the Bon Voyage department (800) 522-7648, two years ago, and will do it again this week for our upcoming cruise.

Two years ago, they did not carry single malt scotch; so I brought a bottle in my luggage. I did feel guilty, and I would have purchased it through Carnivals Bon Voyage department if possible.

I think a huge percentage of people smuggle. You do risk getting it taken away, but we were sneaky enough. We put vodka in water bottles so it looked like water. When we got our wine we didnt get a bottle, we went for the cheap cardboard box, because instead of smuggling in 750 ml for one time, we got a 5 liter amt of wine. We also brought some remy martin we got as a gift before the cruise.

good luck, just know there isnt much you can do if it gets taken away. But if you make it on board with it...there is a lot you can do ;-)

We had a box of wine, two bottles of vodka, and a bottle of rum carefully padded, wrapped, and packed in our checked bags and they made it fine. I have some friends who always smuggle bourbon, and the worst that has happened to them is a sticker on their luggage that said 'alcohol'. Our cruises have not involved flights, though.

We used the Rum Runners for our pineapple rum - went great with the punch the ship offers -(in our checked luggage of course) We still ended up with a bar bill from the ship (can't refuse blender drinks by the pool) but it was nice to be able to mix a drink in the cabin. One thing thou we were on the Destiny out of San Juan and at the liquor store right before boarding I purchased 2 bottles of champagne and when I tried to board the ship with them they took them until the last day of the cruise??? I thought you were allowed champagne or wine???

Well anyway I will use the rum runners again for our cruise in March

That's Bud Light. we were talking about smuggling beer!

I love this picture!!

We sailed last week, took 3 -12 packs of bud light in our package luggage and a bottle of amaretto. we took the bud light cans out of the bud light boxes & repacked in coca cola & sprite boxes. the amaretto was packed very carefully. all of this was in our packed luggage, along with a collapsable cooler which our room steward refilled with ice for us everyday!:D

Archived